Seven

Valerie P.O.V.

Finals had started and I was knee deep in study materials to prepare for the next week and a half. I had post-it notes, textbooks and my laptop all sprawled out on the dining table at my apartment. Carter luckily hadn't come in to work again, I don't think I could've handled his presence lurking around as I tended to customers. He made me too giddy and in turn, clumsy, and that wasn't helpful as a waitress. We had been texting every now and then though...

"You've been holding out on me." Ell said with a stern expression as she slid in the chair opposite me.

Oh shoot. What have I done now? I swear I left her some ice-cream in the freezer after my binge!

"Please tell me why Kean asked for your number so he could give it to Carter Bryson?"

Oh. That.

"As a patient and supportive friend, I was waiting for you to tell me... butttt, it's been a week now and alas here I am," she sat, looping her fingers together to rest them on the table like a news anchor lady.

I stayed silent, pretending I didn't hear her as I typed away busily on my laptop.

"Don't ignore me Valerie Eve Delwood! Come on!!!!" she whined.

I tried my best to push him away from my mind, and decrease the significance of him as something more than a guy I had met and occasionally texted. But he always had a way of popping up into my life.

"Ugh fine!" I cracked, shutting my laptop.

"YES!" she cheered, pumping her fist into the air. "I saw you guys undressing each other with your eyes while we danced at the party, there was some serious tension there... what else happened? Cause I'm all ears darl," she said, smiling brightly at me and shifting in her seat to get comfortable.

"Okay," I took a deep breath. "So yeah, we met on his birthday... and I didn't know who he was," I blushed. "He was super charming, and it kinda freaked me out, so I may have declined his offer when he asked me to hang out alone at the party... then, we literally bumped into each other on set when I came with you, he was there for Kean. We got to talking and we just clicked. He was funny and actually smart, which was a nice surprise... I've been kinda pushing him away though actually...." I nervously chuckled. "...but like you said, he tracked down my number, cause I gave him my work one as kind of a joke and a test to see if he was actually interested and wasn't just being a massive flirt... like I didn't want to just be an easy booty call for when he got bored."

Ellana nodded eagerly.

"So... we've been texting a little lately too... He also came to work unexpectedly last Saturday and basically teased the hell out of me. He was being such a flirt, goofy and pretty annoying." I remembered with a small smile.

"Thenhegavemeabigtipandkissedmeonthecheekandleft." I finished the last part in one breath, heat rising to my cheeks at the memory.

She stared at me with her mouth slightly agape as her eyes widened, absorbing the information. "Oh my gosh he totally likes you!!!" Ell basically screamed. "You're right! If he personally went to try to get your real number, he's definitely interested! He's super drool-worthy too," she added, fanning herself dramatically.

"Hey! You have Kean!" I interjected, probably a little too passionately. "And he's not that hot." I scoffed trying to cover up my previous outburst of feelings.

Liar liar pants on fire.

"Someone a little jealous?" she smirked at me knowingly.

"No...." I crossed my arms and looked away.