Forty

Carter P.O.V.

I had the most incredible time. The best trip of all time. I was completely elated, floating high up in the sky, I could probably fly. Damn. That rhymed. Look at me being all lovey dovey, rhyming and shit. Maybe I should write a song? I chuckled.

Val was always up for doing anything; all the adventurous things like the ropes course and the ATV'ing, but she was also interested in learning about culture and we obviously both really enjoyed the ocean. Not to mention we had a lot of really, really mind-blowing sex. It was amazing. I had definitely hit the jackpot. She never ceased to amaze me with everything that made up her beautiful personality. We were so compatible.

The best part though? Was that she told me she loved me too. I was pretty nervous, but at the same time I really had to fucking say it. It was kinda eating me up, there were so many moments where I almost blurted it out casually.

Is this what it feels like to be in love? Really in love? Cause if it were, I needed to find a way to bottle this shit up and sell it. It could bring about world peace. No, really. My heart was pounding and I was always blushing and laughing and smiling... it felt like I was on top of the world. I think I'm the happiest I've ever been.

I fell asleep once I got home for a while, before I began to unpack. After having something to eat for lunch, I decided to go through some of the footage I got whilst we were overseas. I didn't film too much, since I really wanted to be in the moment.

My phone buzzed as I got a post notification from instagram. I swiped my phone to see what Valerie had posted.

@valeriedelwood

dreaming of our next getaway 🌴🌏💖

God, she's cute. I liked it immediately before dropping a comment.

"✈️💓"

Simple. With a content smile, I proceeded to finish off browsing the footage. I should definitely upload another photo. I had to have at least two of the resort itself, with one including me in it, and not just scenery. I selected one to edit, tagging the resort company in the photo and added a location before uploading. I'll stash all the others for later dates to post.

My phone began to ring as I relaxed in bed. It was my manager.

"Hey Carter! How was your trip?"

"Hey Trev, yeah it was amazing! You should definitely check it out whenever you can," I chuckled.

"That's good! Yeah I will! Look I'm sorry to bother you so soon after your vacation but I have some paperwork I need you to get Valerie to sign."

"No it's all good. Oh what is it?"

"Just legal stuff for your merch. We can't go ahead until she signs off on her designs. She's the one that drew all those sketches right?"

"Yeah she did. Okay I'll ask her to do it tomorrow, if you wanna send over the deets before then. She's out at the moment."

"Okay sweet. Glad you had a good time Carter, see you later."

"Thanks, bye!" I hung up.

~

I got up the next morning and printed out the forms Trev had emailed me before giving Valerie a call. She didn't pick up. I looked at the time before remembering- she probably had to go back to work today. Hm, I'll have to try again later, or wait for her to ring me back. I decided to hit the gym and go for a jog instead, then caught up on some work as well.