Twenty four

Valerie P.O.V.

I can't believe the first month of summer has completely flown by and 4th of July was now upon us. That meant, my birthday was coming up in two weeks' time. Twenty-two. *Cue the T-swizzle soundtrack*

I changed out of the pyjamas I was lounging around in, and slipped into a pair of red high cut bikinis in honour of Independence Day, underneath my denim mini summer dress. I also popped on a black baker boy hat over the top of my wavy hair and a pair of slides. I applied some light glowing, tanned makeup and a coat of my favorite Fenty Beauty gloss to finish the look off, before grabbing my beach bag.

"Damn girl, you're lookin extra cute," Ell commented with a wink as I stepped out of my bedroom. She had on a slim navy high cut one piece under a white denim cutoff mini skirt with a pair of sunnies on top of her head.

"Thanks," I giggled, "Of course you do too, looking fire as always," I nudged her playfully with my elbow.

She flicked her hair over shoulder and popped a hand on her hip in a mocking pose. "Oh, why thank you," she said in a posh accent as I snorted at the impression. 

"Come on, let's head down to meet up with everyone."

We pulled up to Marina del Rey and parked the car before grabbing our bags to hop out. Apparently, Xavier hired a small yacht for the day so we could spend 4th of July out on the water, as long as everyone else provided food, drinks and entertainment.

My jaw dropped. This was a nice boat. It had a mini speedboat with a tube towed onto the back, and two jet ski ports. I mean I've been on like one in the past, but this looked more like an extreme sports toy, rather than the posh champagne and light cruise along the ocean type.

"Sweet ride huh?" Xavier commented with a grin as he observed my facial expression amusedly.

"Yeah! It's awesome," I grinned back.

"I got a big discount if I made sure to mention the rental company and make a vlog featuring some of our party on it," he chuckled, before brushing his hair out and slid a pair of sunglasses onto his self-satisfied face.

"That's cool! Looks like we're going to have a fun day," I smiled excitedly.

"Fuck yeah! See ya on there," he waved before strutting over to Sommer's car that just pulled up.

Ellana had already run off and boarded the boat in search for Kean, whilst a few others that must be Xavier's friends were loading on some coolers. I made my way on to the yacht and placed my bag down inside and out of the way, before walking up the steps to head to the front.

The view was stunning. The sun was shining high up in the crystal clear sky, irradiating its warmth down on my skin and reflecting off the deep blue ocean water, making the soft waves glitter spectacularly. Last year, I didn't enjoy the fourth as much as I usually did, as I'd only been in L.A for a few months trying to settle in and make a fresh start. It's crazy how much things have now changed this year.

Tingles spread across my skin as I felt a sturdy chest press against my back and two muscular arms snake around my waist. I felt a light kiss trace my shoulder, and another grace my neck just below my ear. I tilted my head to the side to give him more access as he continued to pepper light kisses along my neck, causing me to giggle at the soft ticklish feeling. He flipped me over so I was face front to him.

"Hi," I let out breathlessly.

"Hi beautiful," Carter bit his lip. "I like it when you wear red," he said, tugging on my bikini strap. 

"Thank you," I blushed.

I did a sweep of him from head to toe, admiring the way his hair looked slightly more golden brown in the sunlight, the way the t-shirt clung closely to the outline of his rugged body, and the long, solid legs peeking out from his swimming shorts. He's so hot.