Thirty two

Valerie P.O.V

A text popped up on my phone from my mom as I lay in bed with Carter, just chatting about what we've been up to lately and how he organised everything.

Mom

Happy birthday darling!
Love mom and dad xoxoxo
-
Transfer from XXX- XXXX
To Valerie Delwood
Amount: $3000.00
-

Me
It's way too much! But thankyou ❤️
Love you both.

I made a mental note to put that in my backup savings and donate some. Normal parents got you a card and cake. Mine? An electronic bank transfer receipt. Nevertheless, they're my parents and I loved them. I am so lucky to have them. I'm so lucky to be healthy and alive. I'm so lucky to have people who love me. Those are the blessings I should always focus on.

"I can't believe I didn't even hear you come in." I noted reflectively, thinking about how on earth I could have missed Carter bringing in a load of balloons this morning.

"I was pretty quiet, and you like to sleep," he grinned, looking up from his phone.

"Yeah that's true, God help me if I get robbed." I chuckled, as I propped myself up on my elbow. "Whatcha doing?" I asked curiously as he busily tapped away on his phone.

"You'll see." He said before tucking his phone away and rested his interlocked fingers on his stomach. I eyed him suspiciously before my cell started to vibrate non-stop.

"Did you do something?" I raised an eyebrow at him, reaching over to the bedside table to grab it.

A ton of instagram notifications spilled onto my screen as my phone buzzed with each incoming banner.

"Ahh Carter make it stop," I handed over the vibrating cellphone to him as he chuckled and fiddled with it before giving it back to me. The notifications stopped coming in and my phone was back to normal.

"Thankyou my tech genius." I kissed him on the cheek. I opened up my phone to see what all the sudden commotion was about.

I clicked on the video I was tagged in that was the source of all the alerts. A sultry, romantic beat played as the black screen faded into a picture of... me.

You keep my hand around your neck, we connect, are you feeling it now?
'Cause I am

I gasped as I looked up to a smiling Carter. I looked back down to watch as candid videos of me laughing, smiling or staring with a pout filled the screen.

I got so high the other night, I swear to God, felt my feet lift the ground
Ooh, yeah
Your back against the wall, this is all you've been talking about
In my ears

I held my breath as I watched this happy, beautiful girl dance across my screen. That's me?

Nothing feels better than this
Nothing feels better, oh no

The small clip came to an end as the song faded and a flash of the song title came up in the corner. Wow this is Alec's song? It was really good. I flicked my gaze down to read the caption.