Five

Valerie P.O.V.

I spent the rest of Sunday catching up on class material and getting a head start on assignments. I had no clue what I truly wanted to do in life, even at the tender age of 21 going on 22 in a couple of months. Call it a quarter-life crisis if you will. So, I undecidedly majored in business and hoped that if all else fails, I could always join the Delwood family business and wear pantsuits all day. They could be pretty hot I guess, if you made them hot....

~

"Hey Val, tomorrow is your day off, right? You don't have class or a shift?" Ell questioned, as she came into my room in her pyjamas.

She had on a silky champagne button up two-piece tank and short shorts. Cute. I, on the other hand tended to rock the homeless-chic look in old oversized ratty tees and just a pair of panties. I made a mental note to go shopping for some prettier PJs as a treat after finals.

"Yep, Thursday's are generally my free days. I got heaps of work done Sunday as well, so I should be free to laze on the beach reading all day." I responded incredibly pleased with myself.

"Well, if you could ever find the time to take a small break out of your busy schedule that day, and visit lonely old me on set, that would be nice," she said casually looking down at her fingernails.

"Omg what! Really? I'd love to!" I dropped my jaw in shock. "Yayyyy there's finally a time where I can actually make it to see you work on The Chase!" I squealed.

"I know right, you have too much going on all the time."

"Ugh It'll be over soon! I've just got finals, summer break and then fall semester," I groaned.

"Aw, basically only a couple more months to go though," Ell encouraged.

"So... lonely you say? I highly doubt that with Kean Sterling hot on your tails?" I switched topics, raising my eyebrows suggestively and giving her a big wink.

Ell promptly picked up a pillow and threw it at me, while trying her best not to break out into a smile as I giggled furiously at her expense.

~

The next morning, we left our apartment around 10am to head down to the studio together.

"Okay so help yourself to the crafties table and the bathroom is over there. Don't be disruptive and make sure you don't film anything that would leak out the scenes, and no one will have a problem with you being here," Ell explained as we walked into the studio and she gave me a quick tour of the set. "This is my personal little dressing room for when I come to shoot, so make yourself at home!"

"Ooooh, there's even a sofa for napping!" I looked around appreciatively.

"Yeah, it's pretty decent. You should see the trailers though for the main series regulars. They're big and they have like a bathroom and kitchenette in them with an even bigger lounge space."

"Been into Kean's trailer have ya?" I jested.

"Valllll," she whined, "give a girl a break would you!"

"You didn't deny it!" I yelled, laughing at her blushing face.

"Okay it was only one time! I had to go give him a package and we chatted for a few minutes inside his trailer before he got called to set alright," she huffed in return.

"Whatever you say Ell," I nodded in agreement with a cheeky smile. It was funny seeing someone so composed all the time become flustered over a guy.

She gave me one last playful glare before announcing that she had to go meet the writers to run over some script and scene changes, before doing hair and makeup in an hour- so I could go explore until then if I wanted.