Twenty seven

Carter P.O.V.

I didn't have any plans today, so I thought I would spend it working on Valerie's birthday project. I grabbed all the polaroids and took pictures on my iPhone of those, before syncing my memory cards and phone up to my computer. I reviewed the archives of footage before collating all the images and videos of her I had taken into one album, favoriting the ones that I liked the most.

I connected my phone to the bluetooth speaker, before leaning back in my seat to listen to the demo tracks Alec had sent over that he thought would be usable. I ended up picking a song titled lucky – alec santos, it had all the perfect lyrics and the right vibe to suit the video. (Imagine Better by Khalid, Drew Barrymore by Bryce Vine and Live a Little by FOOL).

I could only make it about a minute long, so I had to filter through what videos and images I wanted in particular, which was very difficult considering all the shots of her were stunning. I got to work with editing it all together, making sure it was absolutely perfect, before finishing up after a couple of hours.

I knew what I wanted to get Valerie as a gift already, after a while of contemplating. I didn't think she would be the type of girl to fawn over something materialistic, so I crossed out buying something designer. She's different. Maybe I could as a random surprise gift in the future... but... huh. The future? What? I let the thought sink in... shaking my head, I refocused my attention back to the task on hand; her birthday present had to be extra special.

I remember Val told me that she wanted to travel more, and that's when I had the genius idea of booking us a vacation somewhere. I hoped it wouldn't be too forward to assume she'd want to go with me, and that she would like the surprise. I decided on the French Polynesian Islands down in the South Pacific Ocean, more specifically, Bora Bora.

I called Trev, my manager, asking if he could get in contact with any of the resorts and hotels down there to see if they'd want to collaborate with me and provide discounted accommodation. I've done a few of these sponsored posts in the past when I've travelled, it was quite a nice perk to simply showcase the place off, sometimes they'd even offer your stay free which was totally sick. It was a win-win situation really, it gives them amazing exposure and a tourism boost. After confirming a deal, I booked two flights to leave for a couple of days after her birthday.

This was only the start I thought to myself, I wanted to show her the world. I wanted to give her the world. It's crazy that I had all these intense feelings about her, but I knew they were real. I didn't suspect it anymore, I knew I was falling in love with her.

Fuck. What do I do?

~

I got ready for the morning for another day of meetings to set up my merch line. There were all sorts of things to go through; graphics for the website, getting a legitimate domain, manufacturer to produce the clothes equitably and sustainably, as well as designs, logistics and finance.

After a few hours of meeting various important people and setting up the basics, we finally finished up. We'd have to have a few more follow-up meetings, but all that was left for now is to actually create the pieces I wanted. I was thinking hoodies, hats, t-shirts, shorts, phone cases, and then eventually expand into other items such as streetwear or gym gear. One step at a time. Maybe I could get Valerie to help me decide on colours and designs, she was always good at that sort of stuff, I thought.

Speaking of Valerie, I texted Ellana for a little while to ask whether Val was going to be doing anything on her birthday. I probably should have checked if she had any plans first. Woops. I just got excited over everything, and assumed since she was on summer break, she wouldn't have much on besides working. I'll just get her shifts covered, that way she has no reason to object, I thought evilly. Easy.