Misah

Selena made a large dinner for everyone to celebrate Akari's successful completion with the Ceremony of Rites. She made 10 dishes and as everyone sat around the table to eat while Green and Selena filled the room with their chatter.

"So what elements did you receive?" Green finally asked. He wanted to know the moment he saw her, however with one look from Selena, he quickly shut his mouth and waited for the right time to ask.

The three of them looked at her with anticipation.

"Lightning." Akari told them.

"Congratulations!" Both Green and Selena shouted, while Dean smiled at her.

"You don't need a new teacher! Thank the Gods!" Selena said as she scooped more food into Akari's plate.

"Water." Akari told them as they began to settle down.

"Water?" Green said as his eyes widen in surprise. "Water and lightning?!?"

"Well... you did stay inside of that cave for five days." Selena said as she no longer looked as happy however she still smiled at Akari.

Green and Selena looked over to Dean to see what his reaction was, but his face changed. The moment Akari told them she was also given the magic element water, he hid his emotions and his face became a wooden mask again.

Akari saw the change in Dean and she became sad. Was he disappointed that she received a second magic element? Did she disappoint him? Her eyes fell down to her plate to hid her hurt feelings.

"Fire." Akari said softly as she played with her food.

The quiet room became still. As if no one wanted to move or else what she just said was mistakenly heard. For a long time no one said anything and Akari didn't have enough courage to look at their disappointment.

"Did...did I hear you correctly?" Green finally said as his voice came out scratchy. "Lightning, water and fire?"

Akari nodded her head once in agreement, still unable to look up at them.

"Dear girl." Selena said as she came to Akari's side. "What are you sad about? You should be celebrating."

Akari nodded her head to acknowledge that she heard what Selena said, but she couldn't keep the image of Dean's disappointed face out of her mind.

"With three magic elements, it means you'll be one of the most powerful mages to ever live." Selena told her.

Akari tightly smiled at Selena and excused herself from the table. Dean's disappointment in her meant more than she realized and quickly made her way to her room.

Once inside she fell in bed, face first into her pillows and let the tears fall down her eyes. Her body softly shuttered every time she took a breath.

In the dining room they all looked at each other in confusion. What happened to Akari that made her sad? When Selena looked at Dean, her eyes lit up fury. She pointed at Dean and began to rant.

"You!" Selena shouted sternly. "You made our Akari sad!"

"Me?" Dean said in disbelief.

"You... just look at you! Your apprentice just told you that she was gifted three magic elements and you say NOTHING! No words of support! No words of congratulations! And look at you! You look like a doll with no emotions! I bet when she said that she had lightning abilities, you were happy. But when she said she also had water abilities, you stopped smiling." Selena glared at him as she ranted more. "She probably saw your disappointed look on your face and became sad by it. Little did she know, the only reason you became disappointed was because Akari's result was the same of that girl!"