Warning

Akari left Rin sitting by himself in the receiving room. After letting him know that there would not be a chance with her in this lifetime, she felt there was nothing more to say to him. She had cut her fate with his and will be building a new life with Dean.

After she joined everyone in the dining hall again, no one said a thing. They acted as if nothing strange just happened and continued eating and talking. Rin joined them ten minutes later and acted like nothing happened.

Akari was brought to her room with Emi and Riho. Inside her room was Lena running around her room, placing everything they bought for her wedding out on the table.

Akari went directly to her wedding dress and touched it. The plum dress was made of fine silk. When she wore the dress, it accentuates her curves at the right places.

"Hurry and change." Emi said as she sat down on Akari's bed. "It'll take a long time for you to get ready."

Akari nodded and did as she was told.

~~~~~

Across the hallway, Dean had already changed and had his hair styled. He wore a dark grey suit that contrasted his cyan eyes. When he opened his door, Rin was waiting for him next to Akari's door. Dean raised his eyebrow and Rin, however he didn't say anything to him. Dean closed his door behind him and continued on his way downstairs where his future father-in-law would be waiting for him.

"You and I need to speak." Rin said as he turned to face Dean.

"Very well." Dean said as he turned around to look at Rin. "Lets go talk."

Dean and Rin made their way to the backyard where there were several servants setting up decorations, tables and chairs for the wedding. There were guards walking around ensuring that there were no one there to cause trouble.

They finally sat down on the last table in the back of the seating arrangements. The servants have already finished setting the table, chairs and the flower arrangements.

Rin sat across from Dean with his back to the Ayame mansion.

"If you love Akari, you won't marry her today." Rin outrightly said. "You can't give her what she needs."

"And I'm assuming only you can do that?" Dean asked.

"Akari and I are meant to be." Rin told Dean.

"If you and Akari were meant to be, you and her would have been together 99 lifetimes ago, don't you think?"

Rin sat up straighter. He couldn't believe Akari told anyone else about her past.

"I told you earlier didn't I? Akari and I don't keep secrets from each other. I know everything about her and she knows everything about me." Dean told Rin. "If you and Akari were meant to be, you would have gotten it right the first time and not let her suffer for 99 lifetimes. Shouldn't you be the one to let her go... if you love her?"

Rin glared at Dean. He couldn't win against Mage Koya in a one on one fight. Mage Koya could just throw lightning at him and he would die on the spot. Rin also couldn't convince him to let Akari go either. He felt uneasy.

"You don't love Akari." Dean told Rin. "You only want to be with her to repay her for all the love she gave to you. You feel guilty that a woman like Akari could look pass all your transgressions against her and still love you. It took a long time for her to learn how to let you go. Stop torturing her with your past lives and let her live her life the way she wants to live it. Just accept it that you and her have not fate to be together."

Rin shook his head no.

"I can't let her go. I'm not going to let her go."

Dean sigh heavily as he looked at the young boy in front of him. Rin only wanted Akari because she no longer looked at him. No longer loved him. No longer wanted him. He only wanted Akari so he could stop feeling guilty towards her.

"It doesn't matter what you want." Dean told Rin. He was tired of speaking to Rin. Dean looked down at Rin as if Rin was just a petulant boy throwing a fit. "What matters is what Akari wants. Don't you think it's time for you to finally let her have some happiness, even if it's not with you? If you don't think this way, it means you never loved her. It means you don't deserve her."

Dean stood up and began to walk towards the mansion. Rin stood up and shouted at Dean.

"A mage's life is for 1000 years. Can't you just give me a small portion of that time to be with Akari?" Rin asked.

Dean stopped the skys darken as lightning flashed and thunder roared. Without turning around Dean spoke.

"If you think that I'll let Akari waste anymore time with your sorry self, you're mistaken. Akari and you will never be, because I'll kill you first before letting her stay by your side again. You wasted 1,980 years of Akari's life. At least let her live the rest of her 980 years in peace and happiness. You didn't deserve her then and you don't deserve her now. This is my last warning."

*****A/N:  Surprise!   Sorry for not posting.  I have a lot going on in my life and wasn't able to make time to write. During this time I fell sick and didn't take care of myself and ended up in the hospital for a couple of days.  Now that I am doing better, I am back and will be posting again this week. Thank you as always for your love and support. Xoxo -ptd