Dark Mage

Duke Obara changed Rin’s protection detail.  Rin was guarded by his most trusted personal guards and servants while the doctor check over Rin’s health.  Only those closest to Duke Obara was allowed to be near Rin and his room. Anyone else who was not authorized to be near Rin was immediately detained for questioning.  

Dean had left the Noboru home to set up a protection barrier from Misah.  Inside of Rin’s room were four guard, Riho and Akari. Akari searched Rin’s room for any clues, while Riho sat by Rin’s side.  Riho held her tongue back as she watched Akari search Rin’s room. She wanted to tell Akari to respect Rin’s privacy, however she knew that any clue found in Rin’s room would help them resolve their conflict faster.

She couldn’t keep on looking at Akari look through Rin’s belongings so instead she reached out and held Rin’s hand as she stared at him, losing her thoughts in her memories of Rin as a child.  

From one side of the room to the other, Akari meticulously looked through Rin’s belongings.  The only place left was the bookshelf. Akari pulled one book at a time, starting from the top.  When nothing happened, she pushed the book back in. Book by book, row by row, Akari pulled a book out then pushed it back in when nothing happened.  

It wasn’t until the fifth row, fourteenth book, Akari pulled the red covered book that she heard the unlatching of the secret door.  The guards stood up in attention, when they realized that Akari found something significant to her search. Riho looked at Akari with worry as Akari slowly opened the door.  

Akari held a fireball in the palms of her hand as she stepped forward into the darken room.  

“Everyone stay here.”  Akari ordered. She didn’t know what was inside and she didn’t want an audience to follow her and uncover Rin’s secrets.  Even if that person is his mother. “Don’t follow me, it’ll be your death. If anyone enters, friend or foe, I’ll attack.”

“Akari.”  Riho softly said as she quickly stood up.  

Akari turned around to look at Riho and shook her head from side to side.  

“No one enters.  NO ONE. Even if it’s Mage Koya, tell him to wait for me.  If anyone tries to enter this room, detain them. You should consider them as traitors to the Noboru Clan.”

Riho nodded her head once, knowing how sensitive any clues Akari found would be.  She understood Akari’s words. They didn’t know just how deep the Queen’s people have infiltrated into their family.  

Akari walked down the stairs quietly.  When she reached the bottom, she saw the nearly bare room.  Akari set her fireballs to the torches around the room and lit the room up.  To one side of the room was a bed. The sheets were messy and stained with dried blood.  There was several chains that were broken.

Akari looked over the room once before entering the other room.  When she found that the other room was a regular bathing room, she left and made her way upstairs.  She didn’t need to stay there a moment longer. She knew who was once kept in the dark room, under lock and chain.  She knew by the dried blood and the smell, what kind of a room it was to Rin.

Kiko, she must have suffered a lot under Rin’s hands.  She must of wished she was dead. She must of experienced so much pain and suffering.  

Good.  Akari thought.  It’s about time she experience pain and suffering.  She got what she deserved. It was a pity that Akari didn’t get a chance to exact her own revenge before Kiko was rescued.  But it was fine with Akari, she could wait. She has waited 1980 years, what is another couple of days or weeks before she finally gets Kiko in her hands?

Her heart and soul slowly blackened with her experience and her thoughts. Unbeknownst to everyone else, Akari had truly become a Dark Mage.