Rin (4)

When Kiko woke up after her night of torture, she reflected on her life and the ill fate she had. Orphaned when she was a baby, her sole purpose in life is to serve King Garrett. Everyday she was told that everything they ate, wore, lived and breathed belonged to King Garrett. And for his magnanimity for sparing their lives and providing for them, they would in turn solely serve him. Their life belonged to him and they would die for him. Through good times and bad, they all belonged to him.

When she was assigned her first mission, she thought it would be an easy mission. Befriend and become Rin Noboru's closest friend and girlfriend. When she was young, she was foolish enough to think it would be an easy mission. Rin had Akari by his side at all times. How could she come in between two people who had several years of friendship before her?

She hated Akari with a passion. Because of her, Kiko was punished severely due to her failed contact with Rin. However, through her perseverance, she finally became a couple with Rin and for the past five years, everything was going well for her until Akari came back.

Everytime Rin saw Akari or heard Akari's name, Rin was quick to throw her away like yesterday's trash. All he could think about was Akari. All he could talk about was Akari. Kiko hated Akari with a passion. If not for Akari, she would not have been in this situation at the moment.

Her body was numb to pain. Numb to everything else, but anger. She was angry... so angry with Rin and Akari. Because of them, she couldn't be the best spy for King Garrett. Because of them, she had to suffer punishment for her failure. Because of them, she had to sacrifice her body to try to win Rin, but instead she was captured, shackled, and contained in the dark room to be Rin's plaything.

Kiko wanted to kick herself. With all her training, she didn't report her whereabouts to her superior before she left to seduce Rin. She was too prideful of her abilities to win over Rin and left without telling anyone. Her superiors would think that she ran away because she failed her mission. They would kill the Lehar family to cover up any traces left behind from her failed mission.

Kiko's heart felt pain when she thought about the Lehar family dying. They were nice to her and treated her better than they they treated themselves. If anything, they treated her like their own daughter. She could only pray that nothing bad happens to the Lehar family. Even if it meant her own death to save them, she would do it in a heartbeat.

~~~~~

After Rin took a shower and got ready for the day. Instead of going to the office to start his work day, he directly went to the Ayame residence to speak to Akari.

"Young Master Rin." Jona said as he placed the newspaper he was reading down on the dining table.

Emi placed her tea cup down and smiled at Rin as well, surprised at the unexpected visit from Rin.

"Good morning, Duke Jona, Duchess Emi." Rin said as he entered further into the room.

"Good morning, dear. Have you had your breakfast yet? Come sit down next to us." Emi welcomed him.

Rin nodded his head and sat next to Jona. The empty space before him was quickly filled with food and tea.

"Now what brings you here so early this morning?" Jona asked as he looked at Rin.

"I have some words that I need to speak with Akari. Is she still here?" Rin asked.

Jona and Emi looked at each other and without even speaking they knew what the other person was thinking.

"Akari has not woken up yet." Emi said delicately, as to not hurt his feelings.

"It's okay, I'll wait." Rin told them. "The matter is urgent and I need to speak to her."

"Is there something we could do?" Jona asked as he became worried. "Have you spoken to your father about this?"

"My father knows of this matter and I'm sorry, Duke Jona, I am unable to tell you about it for I fear, with even your authority and power, you would not be able to help me as well." Rin told him truthfully.

"I don't understand what you mean." Jona said as he sat up more straight. If his friend's family was in danger he needed to know so he could help them.

"I need the authority and power of a mage." Rin told them directly. "Only with their prestige could help me save my family."

Jona stared at Rin for a long time before nodding his head in understanding, even if he didn't understand.

"Alright." Jona said. "However, you do know if you need anything. Anything at all. Please let me know."

"I do." Rin said as he nodded his head. "And I thank you."