Kiko (6)

After their frantic lovemaking, Dean holds onto Akari as their breath settles down.  

“You’re back.”  Akari whispered softly.  

“I’m back.”  Dean reaffirmed.

“You’re still here.”  

“I’ll always be here, by your side.”

Dean leans down to kiss Akari’s temple, then her cheek.  He makes his way to claim her lips and they softly kiss.

“I can’t wait for all of this to be over.”  Akari said as she looked up at Dean.

“Me too, my love.  Me too.” Dean told her as he smiled brightly at her.  “I want this all to be over and lock you inside of our home.  Bound you to our bed with me inside of you, while you cry out my name…”  

Akari groaned out loud, she was so tempted to just go to their home right now and do what he described.  However, they still had a lot of things to settle before any of that could happen. Just thinking of how they could spend the rest of their lives together made her smile.  

“Let’s go before Queen Maya wins.”  Akari sighed heavily.  "Then we can lock ourselves up inside of our home and do as you just described."

Dean quickly gives Akari a kiss before standing up and helping her get up as well.  After fixing their clothes as best as they could, Dean held on to Akari’s waist and they rode the flash of lightning together to the royal palace.  

Dean and Akari landed on top of the highest tower and watched their surroundings.  There were two armies fighting inside of the palace already. The gates were already broken through and several hundred dead bodies littered the pathways and gardens. Fire had broken out on several places, men cried out in pain and also in anger.  

Akari’s eyes zoned in on a woman on a horse.  She sat on the horse looking down on everyone as she waited at the top of the stairs of the castle.  There were 30 men and women who were also on a horse that were next to her.

Akari’s eyes quickly harden and her lust for revenge poured out.  It was Kiko and her fellow comrades. Dean smiled at Akari and knew what she wanted to do.  

“I’ll head inside first to ensure the King is safe and well protected.  You can take care of everyone else out here.” Dean told Akari as he kissed her cheek.  

“You, be safe.”  Akari told him. “I can’t lose you again.  I don’t think my heart and soul can take it.”  

“Okay.  You be safe as well.  Don’t have too much fun without me.”  Dean told her as he hugged her tightly.  

They were acting like newlyweds on their honeymoon.  It was as if the killing around them was not happening.  

With a quick flash, Dean left Akari alone.  Akari controlled her lightning and aimed her lightning at the invading Generals and high ranking soldiers who wore red.  Akari also aimed her lightning at the 30 men and women by Kiko’s side.

All at once, 40 people died at the same time, not knowing how they died and who attacked them.  Akari’s attack caught everyone by surprise. Kiko could only lean back into her saddle and settle down her horse as she look around her.  

Everyone who held authority in their alliance died.  Why is it that she was the only one alive? Why did a mage attack them?  Isn’t law that mages couldn’t involve themselves in politics and government?  Why did a mage help the royal army and not them? And what happened to her Master?  Why hasn’t her Master come to their rescue yet?

Before Kiko could arrive to a conclusion or run away, Akari had rode her lightning and landed behind Kiko.  Dagger in hand, she held the dagger to Kiko’s throat, while she tied Kiko’s arms to her body with several water ropes.  

“Long time no see.”  Akari said beside Kiko’s ear.  

Kiko’s body froze with fear and surprise.  She did not expect for Akari to be the mage who stopped their plans.  

“Akari.”  Kiko said as she watched the royal army oppress the Parite army.  

Due to the deaths of several Generals and high ranking soldiers, their plans quickly fell apart. Their soldiers gave up their weapons and submitted to the royal soldiers.  

The royal soldiers were able to contain the situation quickly with the help of General Chung Ae and other high ranking soldiers who came to protect King Garrett.  General Chung Ae rode his horse towards Akari and Kiko. He stopped when he saw Akari, he got off of his horse and quickly bowed to her.

“Mage Akari.”  General Chung Ae said as he stood straight again.  “Thank you for your help. We have everything handled here.  Please make haste with me inside of the castle. The King is in danger.  I don’t know how long his personal guards can protect him.”

“No worries.”  Akari told General Chung Ae.  “Mage Koya has already made his way inside while I deal with those out here.”  

General Chung Ae’s eyes shined brightly with hope for the first time since last night.  

“Let’s go and see how great Queen Maya and Crown Prince Ciar’s plans are, huh?”  Akari said as she pulled Kiko off of the horse.

General Chung Ae lead the way as Akari pulled Kiko along.  

“Ah… if your Mage Misah didn’t die by my hands, your plans would have succeeded.”  Akari gloated.

Kiko whips her head towards Akrai in disbelief.  

“Master is dead?”  

“Dead and burnt into ashes.” Akari smiled at Kiko.  

“I don’t believe you.  Master cannot die. Master…”

“She’s dead.  That’s why I’m here and she’s not.”  Akari rubbed the truth into Kiko’s disbelieving mind even more.  “She died piece by piece as I shaved flesh off of her body. Then came her organs that I cut out of her.  Each flesh and organ, I burnt until there was nothing let. When there was only a skeleton, I chopped off her arms and legs so she couldn’t escape.  I deboned her body and burned every bone of her body afterwards. I then decapitated her head from her body and crushed her skull with my powers. She is nothing but dirt and ash.”    

Kiko’s body shivered with fear.  Never would she have thought that her Master would die in such a despairing way.

“And guess what Kiko?”  Akari said as she brought Kiko’s ear close to her mouth.  “You’re going to die the same way.”

Kiko shook her head no.  She wanted to scream and cry out for help, but a water rope had wrapped itself around her mouth and head, causing her cries of help to be stopped.  She was only able to shake her head no and cry tears of helplessness.