The Lost Boy

Before Akari could ask another question.  Lightning stuck again before a loud clap of thunder.  Dean was gone just as fast as he arrived.

Akari had a thousand questions to ask her new teacher, however he left before she could say a single word.  Her heart dropped. She missed an opportunity to change her fate. Her eyes stared blankly on the ground in front of her.  

Suddenly everyone stood up and spoke at the same time.  The rush of the crowd came forward and before Akari could come back to her senses.  She felt a strong arm encircle her waist. She was quickly pressed to the muscular body and brought back into the house.  

Jordan held her close to his body as Alek and Lena followed behind.  The open doors were closed as they all ran through the echoing halls and up the stairs.  When they reached Akari’s room.

Alek went in first, checking her room before they entered.  Once inside Lena locked the door and closed the curtains to the windows.  Lamps were lit and Akari was finally placed on her bed. Alek stood by the door as Jordan stood by the window.  He only opened the curtains to peak outside to see what was happening.

“As expected.”  Jordan whispered.

“What?”  Akari asked.  

“Tis nothing, Young Lady.”  Jordan assured her before throwing Alek a look.  

“Tell me.”  Akari said as she turn to look at Jordan.  

“Lady Akari.”  Lena began to say as she wrung her fingers together.  “Maybe it’s better if---”

“Tell me!”  Akari said sternly as she cut Lena off.   

Jordan cleared his throat before he told her what was happening outside.  

“The guards are blocking everyone’s way inside.  Lord Jona is trying to take charge of the situation.  He is telling them to go home.” Jordan said as he read Jona’s lips.  “Servants are directing the guests to leave, however it’s slow. No one really wants to leave.”

“They want to build alliances?”  Akari whispered. But her whisper was heard from everyone.  

Having an alliance is good, however it is also bad.  Good because they could work together for mutual benefit.  Bad because you wouldn’t know who was genuine and who was fake.  The Ayami family suddenly became a powerhouse in one moment. A powerhouse that even the royal family could not touch.  They became a target.

The castle finally became quiet after two hours. Alek leaned on his back, by the door.  His arms crossed over his chest. Jordan stayed by the window and occasionally took a peek outside.  Lena, couldn’t sit still so after an hour of walking back and forth across the room, she started dusting the desk, trinkets, table and chairs.  

Akari sat in the middle of the bed, with her eyes closed. Akari cultivated as her father and mother sent their guests away. After two hours everyone finally left, however her parents did not call for her.  They were probably in a discussion with what they would do with her.

“I’m hungry.”  Akari said.

“I’ll go get something for you to eat, Young Lady.”  Lena said as she quickly shook out the rag and place it to the side.  

“Get something for everyone.”  Akari told her. “And try to get any word on the situation.”

“Yes, my Lady.”  

After the door closed after Lena, Akari was alone with the two grown men.  

“What do you think of our situation?’  Akari asked. “I want your honesty, not words of comfort.”  

Alek sighed heavily before looking at Jordan.  Jordan shrugged his shoulders at Alek looked back at him.

“I’m not too sure, my lady.”  Alek gave in and told her. “My guess would be that Duke Jona will hire more guards to ensure your safety.  He’ll probably hire another teacher to help educate you and control your mage abilities. A lot of nobility will try to win Lord Jona’s favor now that you have shown that you have four abilities.  There will probably be several proposals for your hand in marriage…. and so much more. But Duke Jona will handle it one at a time. You don’t have to worry about it.”

“Em.”  Akari said as she nodded her head in understanding.  

There was a knock on the door and Lena spoke through the door.

“Lady Akari.  Duke Jona and Duchess Emi request you join them for dinner in the dining hall.”

Alek waits until Akari gets off of the bed and straightens her dress and her hair.  When she finishes, she nods her head to let them know that she is ready.

Lena leads the way with Alek following behind Lena, with Jordan following being Akari.  They made their way down the stairs and the silent halls again, before arriving to the dining hall.  

Inside the dining room, stood 10 guards.  Her parents sat at their seats as they waited for Akari.  

“Mom. Dad.”  Akari said as she pushes her way through her guards and runs to her parents.  

Emi quickly gets up and embraces Akari and hugs her tightly.  Suddenly, warm arms covers the both of them as Jona hugs them inside of his embrace.  

“Everything will be fine, my darling.  Don’t worry.” Jona ensured her. “Daddy will protect you.  I promise.”

“Em.”  Akari acknowledges.  

They break apart and enjoy their dinner as if nothing happened.  As if Akari just didn’t create a miracle, but became a miracle.

Akari pretended that everything was fine and kept her parents busy with conversation.  She wanted them to feel as if she was alright, even though she too was panicking inside.  

Today was suppose to be the day that she met Rin Noboru.  With the change of events she didn’t meet him, which would mean that her fate change its course as well.  

After dinner, Akari excused herself, but when she stood up, there was a knock on the door and a maid carried a sleepy boy into the dining hall. The sleepy boy had his head resting on the maid’s shoulder.  His white hair was messy as if he had just been woken up.

He wore blue shorts, a white button up shirt and a blue suit jacket with gold buttons.  His knees were dirty and only had his socks on.

“We found him in the garden.”  The maid informed them. “He must have fallen asleep in the garden.”