Bet

Jean coughed a couple of times before he told Akari to sit down.  Akari avoided everyone and walked to the back of the room and sat in the last seat closest to the window. 

The seat she chose made those who sat close to her move to a different desk.  While Rin stood up and changed his seat to sit next to her.  All of Rin's friends looked at him in horror.  Why would Rin chose to sit next to the scary girl? 

Principal Dolph left with a goodbye and Jean began speaking again.  Once he explained the dormroom situation.  He excused everyone to so they could get settled down in their rooms.  The rest of the day was for them to get use to their new living situation and school life and classes would start the next day. 

While everyone stood up to leave through the front door, Rin's friends called him over so they can go to their dorms together and figure out if their rooms where close to each other. 

Rin stood up and was just about to ask if Akari wanted to join them, but the moment he turned around, he saw Akari had already opened up the window and jumped down from it. 

Everyone screamed in horror and ran to the window.  Akari was already walking towards the building where they would be staying at for the next years.

Rin immediately jumped out the second story window and rolled when he hit the ground when he landed, then started running towards Akari.

"Rotten girl always leaving me behind."  Rin muttered as he caught up to Akari.

"Wait for me."  Rin shouted as he finally reached her and walked beside her. "Where did you go?  How come I couldn't find you?"

When his questions were met with silence again he walked in front of her and turned around so she could see him as he walked backwards. 

"Akari.  Guess what?"  Rin said as he smiled brightly at her. 

When Akari didn't answer him, he spoke again.

"I won our bet.  You have to do something I ask now!" 

Rin quickly ran away after he told Akari that he won their bet.  They ended up in the same class.  He knew they would.  The academy would never place students in higher classes for their first class because they would be grouped with older children.  It was only when students attend their perspective ability lessons that they would be together with student's of different ages. 

Rin reached their dorm building first and when he looked back, Akari was gone.  He looked around him and above him, but he couldn't find her. 

"Rotten girl disappeared again."  Rin sneered before entering the building. 

The building was built like a palace.  The center of the building was a communal area for everyone, while the west wing was for boys and the east wing was for the girls.  The building that they entered were for students that were 7 years old to 13 years old.  When they turned 14, they would have to move to a different building reserved for 14 years old to 17 years old.  Then to other building for students age 18 through 20 years old. 

Rin looked on the paper in his hand and saw his room was on the third floor, room 300.  Rin quickly went to his room and inside his room was his servant who was unpacking for him. 

"Shane."  Rin said as he sat down. 

Shane came out of the bathing room and bowed to Rin. 

"Do you know what room Akari's assigned to?" 

"Yes, Young Master.  Maid Lena went to room 700 in the east wing." 

"Are you sure." 

"Yes, Young Master.  I did go check in with Maid Lena to see if she needed anything before I came here to unpack." 

"You did well, Shane."  Rin said as he looked over his room. 

His room was basic to what he was use to. And quickly checked out his bed before leaving his room to seek out his friends. 

Inside of Akari's room Lena had already set out all of Akari's belongings.  She did not bring a lot with her.  Just 10 sets of clothes, extra academy uniforms, bathing necessities, five pairs of shoes, and grooming supplies.  The room was not decorated with pictures or trinkets.  Her books lined the desk and bookshelf.  Akari stood by the window the whole time lost in her thoughts.

Kiko showed up three years early.  In the past Kiko was accepted into Astronia Academy with a scholarship.  She had saved one of the teachers during an outing and the teacher saw how talented she was and recommended her to Astronia Academy.  Kiko tested into the Academy and won over the whole school within days. 

Rin fell in love with Kiko at first sight and could only see her.  No one else mattered to him.  And even though in some past lives, he deviated from her for a moment, in the end, he would always go back to her. 

Now that their fates have crossed earlier than was expected. It was up to Akari to ensure they start their love story early so she could live her life.  She had until she was 15 years old to ensure Rin and Kiko's love story didn't involve her.  Akari's heart ached for one moment before it hardened. 

From her 79th to 99th reincarnation, at first she tried to avoid them and cut ties with them.  But fate would always interfere and cause her to fall in love with him again.  He would deviate towards her, making her believe that he could change and love her.  But fate would intervene again and  she would be the one who died at 20 years old. 

The past promises and words he said to her, were wiped clean for this lifetime.  His every smile and every look will mean nothing to her.  After her last lifetime, where she was so close to being with Rin.  She knew she could never trust him again. 

Akari watched as Rin ran out with his friends and three girls followed behind them. Akari looked at the group for a moment before laying down in bed. 

"Don't wake me up for any reason unless there's a fire."  Akari told Lena. 

Lena nodded her head and returned to what she was doing.