Circle Of Fate

Akari turns to look at herself in the full length mirror one last time, checking to see if anything was out of place, when she made sure that everything was perfect, she walked out of the door, followed by Lena and two guards who stood by her door.

Akari was the apple to her parent’s eyes.  They spoiled her and gave her everything she asked for.  Even though they spoiled her, she didn’t act spoiled or arrogant.  She acted like a proper young lady of nobility.

Akari walked down the curved staircase and through the silent halls.  When she reached the glass doors that leads to the backyard she stood there silently looking at everyone.

All the guests have arrived and sat at their perspective seats, while the younger children ran around with their servant or maids running after them.  There was soft music in the background, while everyone talked to each other.

Akari’s parents stood close to the stairs waiting for Akari’s appearance.  Beside them is the Priest of Light and the watermelon size Silver Crystal that was brought to the Ayami residence, just for this very occasion.

Akari heard a soft clearing of a throat behind her and she knew it was Jordan, her guard.  Akari stepped forward and when she passed through the door, the chating and the music slowly began to stop.  

Silence greeted Akari as she walked down the stairs.  Her long black, curled hair framed her heart shaped face.  Her piercing lavender eyes caught the gaze of several people, however the other person could never look into her eyes for a long time.  It was as if she could read their minds.

Akari had soft and beautifully arched eyebrows, almond shaped lavender eyes, a straight and small nose, with pink full lips.  With just one look, everyone knew she was a lovable child and will grow to be a beautiful lady.

When she reached her mother’s side, she finally smiled at her mother.  Her smile captured everyone’s attention. Her face became soft and childish.  It made them feel as if they wanted to protect her at all times.

“Mother.  Father.” Akari said as she leaned in to hug them individually.  

“You look beautiful, my Akrai!”  Jona said as he let go of Akari to stare at her.  “Are you ready?”

Akari nodded her head and Jona immediately greeted his guests.  

“Thank you everyone for joining us in this joyous occasion.”  Jona said as he held his glass of champagne in his hand. “My lovely daughter, Akari, is turning 5 years old today and will be testing her Circle of Fate.  It is our honor to have everyone here as witnesses to Akari’s Circle of Fate ceremony.”

Jona raised his glass up to toast everyone, while everyone raised their glass as well.  After they drank their champagne, the Priest of Light started chanting the sacred words of Light and the Silver Crystal lit up brightly.  The white rays made everyone squint their eyes, others covered their eyes until the light disappeared.

“It is time.”  The Priest said.  “Come child. Reach out and touch the Silver Crystal.  Now is the time to reveal your Circle of Fate.”

Akari walked towards the large Silver Crystal and placed her hand on it.  Usually children were hesitant touching the Silver Crystal. Either they were too shy, or too scared to find out their fate.  However, Akari hand already touched the Silver Crystal 99 times already and already knew the results.

The Silver Crystal lit up white, then three rays of orange lit up, three rays of yellow and two rays of indigo.  

Elite trade, elite scholar, fair fighter.

Akari’s eyes slightly squinted at her results.  It should be novice trade, novice scholar and novice fighter.  Why did her results change? Just when Akari was about to take her hand off the Silver Crystal, a fourth ray lit up.  One ray of violet.

The already quiet crowd erupted with noise.  Everyone started speaking at the same time. How can a young girl of 5 have four abilities?  How was this possible. Everyone was speechless with each ray of ability, and when the third ray lit up, they lost every thought in their mind.  Some even rubbed their eyes, thinking that they saw it wrong, however when they realized that it wasn’t a lie, everyone didn’t know what to say. It was impossible.  No one in over 500 years had 3 abilities. But when the fourth ray lit up. And it was violet. Violet indicating a Mage. It was then that they erupted in chatter. Not in 100 years has violet shined brightly.  

Mages could control magic, they were the protectors of the land and were able to live up to 1000 years old.  Through the loud noise, dark clouds overcasted over the party. Lightning struck the ground next to the Silver Crystal and thunder roared loudly, making everyone finch and stop talking.  

Before them stood a young man, that looked 25.  His youthful and handsome face made the women swoon and the men envious.  For the man that stood before them was a mage. Quickly everyone stopped looking at the young mage and bowed to him.  

The only one who was still standing was Akari.  Her lavender eyes met his cyan eyes and he smiled.  It had been a long time since another mage was born.  And the mage was not afraid of him. She had guts. He liked her immediately.  She will become his apprentice.

“Lady Akari Ayami, in ten years, you are invited to Neboto Mountain.  There, you will be trained in your skills as a mage and I will be your teacher.”

Silence greet him when he was done speaking, Akari stared at the handsome man for a long time before she turned sideways to Lena and spoke a couple of words.  

Lena left and when she came back, no one had said a single word.  Silence engulfed everyone as they still bowed to the mage. When Lena came back, she held a tray with one cup and a teapot.  

Akari poured hot tea into the teacup and walked towards the mage.  Each step Akari’s heart t beated louder and louder. This was new. This was her fate changing before her eyes.  This time will be different. This time, she will live.

Akari brought the tea before the mage and curtsied and presented the tea to her teacher.  

“Please accept this tea as acceptance as your apprentice.”  Akari said. “This apprentice greets teacher. “

Dean smiled and took the cup from Akari.  Akari then kowtowed three times, giving him the respect he deserved as her mage teacher.  

Dean laugh joyily before draining the whole tea into his mouth in one gulp.  The temperature of the tea did not matter to him. His eyes shined brightly as his apprentice stood up from the last kowtow.  

“May this apprentice know Teacher’s name?”

Dean leaned down to Akari’s ear and whispered.

“The names of Mages carries weight and power.  No one must know your real name after 100 years, do you understand?”

Akari nodded her head once.

“Good girl.  Once I tell you my name, you are not allowed to repeat it to anyone.”  

Akari nodded her head once again.  Akari could feel Dean smile next to her ear.  Her hair moved along with his smile.

“My name is Dean.  Dean Wilde.”