Wedding (1)

Akari stood alone in her room once she was dressed and all made up. She stood by the window and watched as all the guests arrived and mingled with each other, while her parents and Dean went table to table greeting them and toasting them.

Her eyes watched the crowd as they talked and laugh. She even found some of her classmates sitting together at a table. Rin was sitting with them as he nodded once in a while, agreeing to their conversation.

Akari looked back at her past lives and laughed at her foolishness. She was stuck in a hell she created for herself and now, she was finally free. Liking and falling in love with Dean was something that she didn't see coming. She was so concentrated on improving her mage powers that when she realized her feelings of a young girl's first crush. She had forgotten a long time ago how those feelings would feel like.

The only thing she knew was loving Rin. Chasing after him. Trying to save him. Crying because of him. Hurting because of him and Kiko. Feelings of regret because of her past life with him. That she forgot herself. She forgot how it felt like to like someone so much that it made the butterflies in her stomach flutter. How it made her heart skip a beat every time she was around Dean. How her mind could completely fizzle and stop working when Dean was standing so close to her. She was so consumed with Rin that she forgot herself. She forgot how it felt like to be a woman.

Even when Dean trampled all over her heart and turned her down, she tried her hardest to forget him and bury her feelings. However, everyday that she trained with him. Ate with him. Lived with him. Was another day that reminded her, how wonderful Dean really is. Which made her work harder on herself so she could forget those blind men who couldn't see the value within her.

Now that Dean confessed his love for her, she could only feel happiness. She had managed to change her fate. Managed to live for herself. This time around, she didn't want to die without regrets.

Lena knocked on the door before announcing her entrance into Akari's room.

"My Lady. It is time."

Akari turned around and for a single moment, she froze. Along with the guests below was Prince Dae and General Chung Ae. Akari's eyes tightened with the sight of the two men. Her eyes glanced through the crowd and she saw Crown Prince Ciar in attendance with several Ministers as well.

Since when did her family mingle with such aristocrats? Even though her father held the title of a Duke, he never went to any balls or celebrations thrown by the royal family. He also kept himself away from any government officials and high ranking generals. He didn't want to be involved with different parties and factions in the struggle for power, authority and the crown.

Even though he held the Duke title, he was more of a merchant by heart. Running the mines and managing several large jewellery shops kept him busy enough. Everything else that didn't involve his business and his family, he didn't really care about it.

Akari looked down at the Crown Prince, Prince Dae, the ministers and generals in attendance and her head began to hurt. Could she avoid her fate today? Would her wedding become her funeral?

"Lady Akari?" Lena asked again as she came closer to Akari. "Is there something wrong?"

"No." Akari said as she turned around. "Everything is fine. Everything will be fine."

Akari smiled reassuringly at Lena and left her room with her guards following behind her. Jordan and Alek had become her guards again, even though she didn't need protection. She had accepted their presence behind her when her father lectured her for two hours on having guards around her for his peace of mind.

As she made her way down the stairs, Akari dismissed her worries. Should she be accused of uspuring the throne with Prince Dae and General Chung Ae, not only would she be able to stand up to those false charges, but Dean would not let her be slighted in the least.

Duke Jona stood by the double doors that lead to the backyard where everyone sat. Akari hooked her arm around his and Duke Jona kissed her lightly on her forehead.

"You look beautiful." Jona said as tears began to well up. His little girl was getting married today and his heart had not settled upon the idea that she would be someone's wife. In the end, she would always be his little girl.

"Thank you, Father." Akari said as she smiled at him.

"It's till not too late to run away." Jona said as he gave her a chance to reconsider her choices. "Say the word and I'll distract everyone as you take the carriage to anywhere you want to go."

Akari smiled as she kissed her father's cheek.

"Thank you, Father. For always thinking about me. But I'm not running away. Especially not from Mage Koya. He's the one for me." Akari told her Father.

"Very well..." Jona said as he sighed heavily. He turned and escorted his little girl down the stairs as the string instruments began to play. Jona lead her to Mage Koya and kissed her cheek before giving her away to the man she chose.

Everyone was quiet as they watched the beautiful bride marry the elusive and handsome Mage. There was only a few hundred people who knew how Mage Koya looks like. Even fewer who could say they know him personally. It was the talk of the whole city and country that the hermit Mage had not only fallen in love, but proposed marriage to his own disciple.

Two mages, falling in love and marrying was a rare sight to see. It was a statement made to the whole country that made it clear that their love was deep and true. 1000 years together as husband and wife was the envy of everyone. It was a commitment that not every mage was willing to commit.

The 600 guest in attendance watched as Mage Koya married Apprentice Mage Akari. The sun shined brightly over the happy occasion without a cloud in sight. Once the ceremony was over, the happy bride and groom greeted each table and drank a celebratory toast, in their honor.