Fickle Friends

When Akari opened her door, Servant Shane was standing outside of it, with his hand raised up as if he was about to knock on the door.

"Young Lady!" Shane said as he quickly lowered his hand and bowed at her. "I have a request for you. Please say you'll help me!"

Akari looked at Shane with questions in her eyes. Why would Rin's servant have a request for her?

"What is it?" Akari asked.

"My Young Master is sick. I was wondering if you can visit him?" Shane asked as his head never came back up.

"Sick? Was a doctor called?"

"Yes, however the medicine is not helping. Young Master keeps going in and out of sleep. The other healers here do not know what to do. I came here because you are the only one who can help him."

"Why do you think so? If the doctor and the other healers can't help him, then what makes you think I can?"

"Please forgive this servant, if you think I am stepping out of my station. However, my young master keeps calling for you in his sleep. There is nothing else I can think to do before Duke and Duchess Noboru get here." Shane asked worriedly as he finally looked up at Akari and pleaded for Rin. "Please, young miss, just visit him. Even if it's for a moment. Please."

Akari never liked people begging her so desperately, especially if that person hasn't done anything wrong to her and those that were begging for other people's lives.

Akari left her room with Lena and Shane looking at her back as she left without saying a word.

"Do you think your Young Miss will see my Young Master Rin?" Shane asked.

"Let's find out." Lena quickly said.

She wasn't so sure herself. Her Young Miss, was hot and cold. She did what she liked and there was no one that could change her mind unless they were her parents.

Lena and Shane ran to catch up with Akari. Akari directly went to Rin's room, which caused Shane to sigh in relief. While Lena was proud of her Young Miss.

When Akari walked down Rin's hallway, several doors opened up at the same time. They were Rin's friends, Donovan, Wuying, and Delan.

"What are you doing here!!" Donovan shouted as he quickly blocked her way.

The two other boys blocked her way as well and caused a scene. Several doors opened wide with the one sided shouting match.

"You have no right to be here!"

"Get lost! Rin doesn't want you here!"

"How shameless are you to even come here!"

"You're no friend of Rin! If you were, you wouldn't be hurting him like this!"

"It's because of you that Rin is sick!"

"Just leave! No one wants you here!"

As the angry voices took over, Akari stood still and listened to their shouting. Just when Shane was about to interfere, Donovan raised his hand up to slap Akari. He didn't want to see her cold, emotionless face anymore. It made him mad. He wanted to teach her a lesson.

Just when his hand came down, Akari made her move. She quickly grabbed his arm and twisted into his body. Using his momentum, she bent over and brought him along with her as she flipped him over onto his back.

Everyone stopped shouting when they saw the little Akari bring down a boy a head taller than she was.

"You want to hit me too?" Akari asked as she looked at Wuying and Delan. "Anyone else here wants to hit me?"

When no one answered, Akari sneered at them.

"You all forget that when I touched the Silver Crystal, two rays of indigo lit up." Akari reminded them that she was a fair fighter. "Anyone else here wants to bully a girl?"

Wuying and Delan took a step back and let her pass. Akari sneered at them before walking to Rin's door. She turned back at Rin's friends and sneered at them one more time.

"This is the extent of your friendship." Akari said to them. "This is their loyalty towards you. Couldn't even defend their own friend when he's taken down. Ha! What fickle friendships you have for one another. You three came together to bully me, but when it came down to backing up each other in the face of danger, no one, not even someone you call your best friend came to your aid."

The everyone looked at Akari with shock and awe. Because she was right. Akari turned around and went into Rin's room, followed by Lena and Shane. However before Shane entered Rin's room. He had a couple of words for the young men.

"I invited Lady Akari to Lord Rin's room." Shane told them. "It'll be wise if you all mind your own business in regards to Lady Akari."

Shane closed Rin's room door quietly as if he just didn't tell the boys off.

Once inside the room, Shane saw Akari stand above Rin. She silently looked at Rin for a long time before she made her way towards him. Her hand reached out and placed it on his forehead, as if to check his body temperature.

After ensuring that Rin's body was burning up and that he was asleep. Akari sat on the side of the bed. Just when she was about to remove her hand, Rin's hand came up to stop it from leaving his forehead.

"You finally came."