Rin (2)

Rin sat in his carriage as he traveled back to his home.  He had just saw Akari for the first time in five years and she was absolutely beautiful.  More beautiful than he could ever imagine. When Teacher Koya announced that he would be marrying Akari, his heart felt as if it was being torn apart.  Just the thought of Akari loving someone else made his heart ache and long for her.

For 99 lifetimes, she only loved him.  And for the first time in 99 lifetimes, he remembered her.  How could he let her marry someone else? She could only marry him, it was what fate designed for him.  It was their destiny to be together. For all the sorrow, heartbreak and lies that he caused her, he would make it up to her in this lifetime.  He would spend the rest of his life to ensure that she would never cry because of him. He would only bring her laughter and joy. He was determined to ensure her happiness.  

As for Kiko, he was also determined to kill her.  After Akari’s death, he remembered how short his happiness with Kiko was.  Only after a couple of days, his family was charged with using their trading company to monopolize and manipulate market prices. Because the citizen’s couldn’t afford such high prices of food, materials and medicine, the Noboru family were blamed for the people’s suffering.  

The citizen’s became enrage and began to blame the King. There were several riots that the King was able to disperse, however his name and authority was being spat on and questioned.  

In a fit of rage, the King sent soldiers to the Noboru home and without a trial, his parents were slain in front of Rin.  Rin was the only person captured and thrown into prison, where Kiko slowly tortured and killed him.

Ever since he remembered his past, he began to take on more responsibilities with Noboru Enterprises.  With his help, Noboru Enterprises did not monopolize the trading industry. They were able to keep being the number one trading company with a healthy competition with other trading companies.  In the past, those trading companies were bought by Noboru Enterprises or they closed due to bankruptcy.

He made sure that everything Noboru Enterprises did, was legal and transparent.  He did everything that wouldn’t let anyone question the integrity of their business and family.  He also set up a charity to help the poor. He gave them jobs and ensured their standard of living would improve within four months.  He supported orphanages, by giving them grants and ensured every child got an education. His selfless ways gave him a good reputation and the reputation of the Noboru family became more pominent through out the country.

“Who is strong and powerful enough to back the Lehar family?”  Rin spoke to himself. When the answer suddenly struck him, he hit his head against the seat several times.  How could he be so stupid. The answer was staring right in front of his face the whole time and he couldn’t see it until now.  He felt as if he wasted the past five years.

With all the investigating he sent his men to find out and with no proof in his hands, he could only concentrate on Kiko and her family, which caused him to miss the smallest and most obvious answer.  

Rin’s eyes looked through the open window and he could see the magnificent castle that stood out amongst the city. The castle that house the royal family.  The Lehar family could hide Kiko’s adoption from everyone because it was orchestrated by the King himself, King Garrett.

The Lehar family was loyal to the crown and they supported Crown Prince Ciar.  It all made sense now. King Garrett was able to become King because of his foresight.  He was able to plan and devise such a plan to destroy the Noboru Clan from a long time ago.   

The Noboru family was the richest and most noble clan, just under the royal family.  In Rin’s past lives, the Noboru family became even more renown and more rich due to them over taking other trading businesses.  With Rin’s help, in this lifetime, they too became more renown, but for different reasons. Did he even help save his family by joining the family company or did he make it worse.  Had he realize this earlier, he would ensure that the Noboru Enterprise would keep a low profile, possible even selling a portion of the company, instead of growing it and making it more renown.

“Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.” Rin cried to himself as he banged the back of his head against the seat.  

The carriage suddenly stopped and jerked Rin’s body forward.  Rin caught himself and he scrunched his eyebrows together. He looked outside the window and saw that they were almost home.  

“What’s wrong?” Rin asked his driver.

“Young Master, it is Lady Kiko Lehar and her maid.  They are surrounded by people and are in a heated argument. Should we help them?”

Rin didn’t stick his head out to look at the commotion.  It was probably a preplanned play that Kiko devised to get his attention after hearing that Akari came back from her training.  Kiko would know that he would visit Akari that morning and planned their “fateful” meeting.

“No.  Keep going.  Ignore them if they try to stop you.” Rin ordered.  He didn’t want to deal with Kiko at the moment.

The carriage began to move again, however it was slow.  The crowd of people who surrounded Kiko became larger as more spectators began to fill up the streets as they watched.  

“How dare you use your higher position to bully and suppress us common people!”  The woman shouted. She looked as if she was 30 years old and had a hard life. Yet, she was proud because she made her living honestly.  “With the education your family provided you, one would think they would have taught you manners! If you bump into someone you apologize!  Just because we are poor and common, does not mean we do not deserve respect!”

“How dare you frame my Lady!”  The maid shouted. “It was you who bumped into my Lady and now you want us to apologize!”

“Are you calling me a liar!  Just because I’m poor, you think I’m a lying!”  

“We don’t even care if you’re poor or rich. If you’re a commoner or a noble.  What’s right is right and what’s wrong is wrong. Plain and simple!”

“With so many people here, do you think you can hide the truth?!?”  The woman shouted. “It was your Lady who tripped and bumped into me and my child! And you want me to apologize!?!  Ha! If that isn’t bullying us commoner’s I don’t know what is!”

“It was your child, who wasn’t watching where she was going  that bumped into my Lady, which caused you to fall forward and bump into my Lady.”  The maid corrected. “My Lady is a victim to you and your child’s careless actions!”  

“And now you’re blaming a child as a cause that started all of this!  My child did no wrong!” The woman shouted.

Rin closed the curtain to his carriage and ignored the argument that was happening outside.  His carriage passed the large crowd and began making its way towards the Noboru residence. A few blocks later, it was stopped again.  

“Young Master Rin.”  The driver said. “There is a carriage that is blocking our way.”

“Whose carriage does it belong to?”

“It’s Lady Kiko’s carriage.”

***** A/N:  Sorry for the lack of updates.  Had to do some adulting... I should be posting more today.  Thank you as always for your patience, your love and support.  -ptd xoxo