Wedding (2)

When Akari and Dean reached the table filled with the royal family along with their most loyal ministers and generals.

"Congratulations, Mage Dean on your marriage to Mage Akari." Crown Prince Ciar said as he stood up to toast them.

The moment he stood up, everyone sitting down at the table stood up as well as they raised their glass of wine up to toast Dean and Akari.

"Your wedding to a citizen of Hiryir brings great honor to us and for our country. To produce such a fine Mage, as well as uniting Teacher and Disciple and now soulmates makes all of our hearts full with happiness. It is our great luck to have witness such an event today." Ciar said as he drank down the wine in his glass.

"To Mage Koya and Apprentice Mage Akari." Everyone said as they too drank their wine.

Dean drank the wine first before passing the half full cup to Akari. Akari took it and pretend to drink the wine. The wine touched her lips before she gave the glass to Lena who stood behind her. Crown Prince Ciar's empty words of flattery and congratulations did not convince her.

He only came to her wedding to establish a connection with Dean and her. He would try to establish any kind of a connection to them, even if it meant through her parents. He wanted their support for the throne. Just like Prince Dae. Their intentions towards her and Dean were not pure. They were calculated moves made to win over her and Dean.

A mage's support would mean a swift win for who ever the mage supported.

"Thank you for your congratulating words." Dean said as he smiled slightly at Prince Ciar. "It means a lot to us that everyone came to witness and be apart of our wedding."

"It is our honor to be witnesses to a love that will last 1000 years." Prince Dae said as he intruded into the conversation as he raised his wine glass up to toast Dean and Akari again.

Dean took another wine glass and sipped on it before passing it over to Akari. Akari took the wine glass and pretended to drink to the toast. When she "finished" she passed it to Lena.

"How long do you plan to stay here in Hiryir?" Prince Ciar asked as he kept his displeased feelings to himself. How dare his royal scum of a brother intervene in his conversation with Mage Dean.

"Not long." Dean said as his patience ran out. "We shall be leaving soon. Thank you again for coming to our wedding."

Dean took Akari's hand and they walked to the next table to greet and drink another celebratory toast.

Prince Ciar and Prince Dae did not get mad at Dean's rudeness. He was a Mage. Someone who they couldn't mess with. Someone who will be alive long after they were dead. Prince Ciar and Prince Dae's eyes met each other and they both turned away quickly.

They both knew why they were there. Both knew that they wanted to wind Dean and Akari to their side. Both knew that with the support of a mage, their faction would win the race to the throne.

Crown Prince Ciar stayed for a few more moments before meeting Duke Jona and Duchess Emi. After a few words, he left with his entourage of Ministers and Generals.

After seeing Prince Ciar leave, Prince Dae did not stay long. He too met with Duke Jona and Duchess Emi, before saying his goodby and left the wedding celebrations.

After the royal family left, more than half the guest left as well. No one wanted to leave before the royal family. Those that stayed behind were close friends to Duke Jona and Duchess Emi. Out of the 600 guests, only 5 remained by the end of the night.