➳ fifty-seven

"What are you guys doing here?" Jihyo asked, earning screeches and squeals from the other girls. They turned back instantly, surprised at how Jihyo was just behind them.

"Where have you been? We've been calling you and you weren't answering! Why are you drenched? Did you cry? What happened? Who did th-" Nayeon bombarded the younger girl questions. It was an older 'sister' reflex, and she is just worried of her friend.

"I think it's better if we go inside. Shall we?" Jeongyeon, the second oldest, butted in. She was right anyway, it was more convenient for them to talk inside than just standing at a doorstep.

One by one, they entered. Jihyo's friends immediately aided her, drying her soaked body before they talk so they could be sure Jihyo wouldn't catch a cold.

Holding a mug each filled with hot chocolate made by Sana and Momo, the group were huddled together in the sofa, with Jihyo in between them.

"Is it alright for you to open up? We aren't forcing you, you know?" Mina asked, but Jihyo just shook her head, she needs to let it out anyway.

"Yeah, well... remember the time I told you I'd confess to Jeon? That didn't happen in the end. Tzuyu was right there when it happened." Jihyo started, earning a nod from Tzuyu when her name was mentioned. "Uh, that whole thing was kind of planned, but the confession thing was serious, I guess." Jihyo shrugged as if it was nothing, but deep down, it hurts. a lot.

She then continued the story, with the others listening intenly with eyes of worry and sympathy. It was nothing to shrug away, but Jihyo did it easily infront of them, knowing that something might happen if she'd tell that it did hurt.

Just after finishing her story, the group caught her in a hug, leaving her all flustered. They squeezed her tightly, and that was enough for Jihyo to break down. She started sobbing right by her friends' embrace.

The group stayed by her side, they never stopped comforting her and making her smile 'til the end. Jihyo couldn't thank them enough for this. Her friends must be the ones Jihyo deserved to have.