Chapter V

Little girl, don't you cry
Everything will be alright
Little girl, open your eyes
The sun will shine after tonight

"Was?" He asked.

"Yeah" I pursed my lips together.

"Wh-what happened, If you don't mind my asking?" He asked.

I sighed, "She... Didn't make it" I hesitated.

If I was going to be around this man, might as well let him know a bit about me.

"I'm- I'm sorry to hear that" he said to me.

"No don't be, its okay, its a pretty big room, so I hope it is to your liking" I said to him.
"May I?" He asked, wanting to step inside.

"Go ahead" I nodded.

He began to look around, his eyes landed on a photo on the wall by the window.

"That's The last  sonogram that was taken of her" I said to him, he turned to me with saddened eyes again.

"What was her name?" He asked with a small smile.

Damn... That's a hard one.

"I had two in mind" I chuckled slightly.

He looked at me reassuringly.

"Genesis or Denise" I said to him.

"Those are beautiful names" he smiled reassuringly still.

"Thanks, Tom" I said to him.

"But go ahead, put your stuff away in the closet and the drawers in the dresser" I told him, As I walked towards the sonogram then took it off the wall.

With my help we got all of his bags into the room so he can unpack and fix his items how he'll like it.

I waited in my bed room on my bed for tom to finish.

I looked up at a framed picture taken of me a few years ago when I was first thrown into the academy. When I wore contacts and my hair wasn't gray the way it is now.

I'm not cocky, I just like the picture, it reminds me of my roots and where I (officially) started.

I looked down at the sonogram seeing at my then healthy baby.

My child had died the day before she was due. I had a heated argument with the father of my baby, and all the anger, stress and physical tension I felt, hurt my baby. I was supposed to go into labor then and there , but she passed away in my womb.

I began to hum lowly as my mind drifted to that day.

"....Little girl, clear your mind
And think of my love this time
Did you say, it's no longer day
The night has fallen, lost your way
Little girl, the moon is gone
The sky is late with dawn....." I sang lowly to the picture I held in my hands.