Chapter 18

~Ariana's POV~

I woke up to my alarm going off. I turned it off and rolled out of bed. So I basically just fell off my bed but I did it to wake me up so it's all good.

I got up and walked in the bathroom skipping a shower I brushed out my hair and teeth, since I was gonna shower after breakfast. I walked down stairs to see my mom making strawberry and blueberry pancakes, bacon, and sausage.

"Good Morning sweetie"

"Morning mom"

"Happy 4th"

"Happ-" I got cut off by a yawn "Happy 4th" I say after my yawn.

"Here is your plate"

"Thanks mom"

"Welcome"

Then Ryan and Cam came running down the stairs. They both grab plates and stuff their faces with food. I just ate slowly considering I was really tired and not in the mood to talk to any body.

Once I finished breakfast I went to my room and showered. After my shower I changed into red high waisted shorts, an American flag bandeau, with a white crop top and red converse.

After I was done getting dressed I let my hair dry on its own today. Once my hair was dry I curled it perfectly. I put on light eye liner and mascara.

I went down stairs to see everybody on the couch. I sat down with them and watched tv.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It was time for the barbecue and everybody is starting to come over.

Hayes got here and went up to me.

"Hey baby" he said then kissing my forehead. I blushed.

"Hey"

"So I heard your singing tonight"

"Yea. I didn't even know until yesterday"

Time flew by painfully fast, we ate, laughed and just talked in general and before I knew it I'm on stage preparing to sing one of the hardest songs known to..me. The National Anthem.

"Um hey everybody. I'm going to be sing the national anthem right now and I would like to dedicate this song to my dad who is serving the country right now and of course the country because it's it's song." I chuckled then began to sing.

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,

Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,

What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,

As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?

Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,

In full glory reflected now shines in the stream: