Chapter 39

•Ariana's POV•

We picked up Xeana as well, of course. We got to the lake and once we unloaded everything I took off my shorts and my shirt.

In the middle of taking off my shirt is was pulled back down. I looked at Xeana very confused and surprised.

"Uhh do you need something?"

"Your piercing, stupid." she whispered. My eyes went wide and my mouth into an 'o' shape. She rolled her eyes and walked away. I shrugged it off and just left my shirt on.

"Come on!" I yelled at Xeana as I ran down the dock I stopped half way and waited for Xeana she caught up and we ran together then jumped in.

Hayes and Ryan jumped in after us. Hayes surfaced and pulled me close to him.

"Why did you leave your shirt on?" he asked me.

"The piercing." I said in a duh tone.

"Oh yeah. Do you think they're ever gonna find out?"

"Probably." I chuckled.

"What are you gonna do?" I shrugged.

"I don't know I'll say that I wanted it really really badly and that I got it done for free."

"Smart." he chuckled.

"Well duh I came up with it." I giggled.

"Wanna go on the jet skis?" he asked me. I nodded and got up to the dock. I got out and started walking back. I heard Hayes running but didn't think anything about it till he got behind me and smacked my ass.

I gasped and he laughed while running away.

"Benjamin Hayes Grier!" I yelled and started chasing after him. I caught up to him at the tables and jumped on his back. I guess he was a little caught off guard because once I jumped on him we fell to the floor.

"What the hell? Since when do you run as fast as me?" he said flipping us over so that he was on top of me.

"Since boys grab my butt whenever they feel like it." I fired back.

"You know you liked it." he winked and kissed me.

"Okay, get off of me now!" I tried pushing him off.

"No. I don't want to, I'm very comfortable as a matter of fact." he said making me roll my eyes. I pouted.

"Please." I begged.

"Only if you kiss me first." he smirked. I glared at him.

"Hayes I'm about to knee you in the balls. Get. Off." I said seriously, I was really playing though.

"Oh really?" he smirked.

"Wanna test me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What makes you think I won't do it?" I challenged

"You're too nice."

"Remember what I did to Devon?" I smirked. He studied my face to see if I was messing around or not. "You're not much different, I can do the same. Worse actually."

"I'm only getting off cause I want to, not cause you told me to." he said getting up. I got up and started laughing.

"Oh my gosh." I said in between laughs ,"I was messing around, but if I need to I seriously will kick you in the balls with no mercy." I ended serious. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders while we walked to the jet skies.

"I know you will." he chuckled and kissed my forehead.

\|/\|/

After a while the sun started to set so we started a bonfire. I sat next to Hayes and Xeana. Hayes wrapped his arm around my waist and held me closer.

We all started to make s'mores. I was roasting my marshmallow and Hayes burnt his and it was all black.

"Perfect." he smiled.

"No. This is perfect, that's brunt and crusty." I said showing him my light brown marshmallow. He raised an eyebrow and quickly took it off my stick and shoved it in his mouth. I gasped.

"Hayes! That was my marshmallow!" I yelled at him. He shrugged. I pushed him off the log forgetting his arm being around my waist. I fell with him. We both burst into laughter.

"Well thanks for taking MY perfect marshmallow and making me fall." I said getting up.

"You're welcome babe." he said kissing my cheek.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom really quick." Hayes said getting up. His phone vibrated and it said it was from Layla. I thought he shad he didn't talk to her?

I read the message,

'Wasn't this so much fun? 😉😘'

It had a picture attached with them sticking their tongues down their throats, half naked. I was really mad, not only because he had sex with her but because he lied to me.

I set his phone back down and waited for him to come back. Once he sat down I rolled my eyes and went next to Cameron and Nash. He looked at me confused and mouthed

'What's wrong?' I just shook my head and started talking the Cam. In the middle of my conversation with Cameron I felt someone lift me from behind and took me away from the bonfire.

"What's wrong with you? I didn't do anything, I just went to the bathroom." I raised an eyebrow.

"There's nothing you want to tell me?" I asked. He shook his head, "nothing at all?" again he shook his head.

"Give me your phone," I stuck out my hand. He pulled it out and gave it to me, "you sure there's nothing at all you want to tell me? Hayes, this is your last chance to tell me."

"I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to tell you!"

"Okay then." I unlocked his phone and went to his messages I clicked on Layla's name and showed him.

"Anything to tell me now?" he was shocked that I had found it.

"You went through my phone?" he tried turning the tables.

"Shut the hell up. What is this?"

"Do you not trust me?" he asked hurt.

"You sure haven't given me any reason to." I fired back.

"You couldn't talk to me about it?"

"Hayes, quit trying to seem innocent! Just tell what happened!" I yelled.

"Baby, it's no-"

"Oh my god, Hayes. Really you're gonna start with that bullshit again?" he took a deep breath before he started explaining.

-/-/-/-/-/

sorry for it being so late guys 😭😭but it's short 😕but I'll be updating quicker if they're shorted so yea 😊😉

thank you so much for reading I love you all 😘💖