Chp. 24

“What the fuck were you thinking, Sam?!”

I slouched in my chair at the bar of my kitchen, watching Megan storm around like a maniac. I knew she was going to be furious, but I hadn’t expected her to get this upset. I mean, was dating me really that frustrating?

I shrugged, “I wasn’t, apparently, I just didn’t want you to get pissed on again Megan! I was trying to help!”

She pointed her finger, “I told you I didn’t want to pretend to be anything with you, and then this whole situation happened… oh God this is horrible. There’s a huge lie we created and Nikki thinks we’re just this happy couple with no worries!”

I stood, attempting to retreat to my room for further safety. I didn’t know how Megan was going to get back at me, but since there was a rack of knives close by I wasn’t taking my chances.

She stepped in front of me, “Where are you going?”

I looked into her icy blue eyes that were penetrating every ounce of strength I had, “Um, my room.”

“No, you’re going to help me fix what you’ve done.”

Our bodies were close, and I suddenly remembered how I had touched Megan, and how good it had felt. I crossed my arms in defense, “Megan, it’s over. Nikki will be leaving and all of this will be behind us.”

She shook her head, “I just… I don’t know what to do Sam.”

I grabbed her shoulders, “Megan, breathe. Everything will be okay, okay?”

We were even in height, and the more I touched Megan the more turned on I became. I eyed her as she studied me, realizing we had no idea where to go from here. The longer I stood here in front of her the more I wanted to close the gap between us, but I knew better than to do that right now.

I had already fucked up once today.

I pulled away from her, seeing her loosen up and relax slightly at my reassurance. She shook her head, “I swear I could’ve killed you when you made the comment about my weak spots.”

I smirked, laughing to myself, “It got under her skin, like bad. Did you see her face? She was furious.”

She sat on the couch, looking very weary and sad, “Yea, she looked hurt.”

I sat next to her, “Megan, she doesn’t want you to get over her. She told me that. She’s jealous that you’re happy without her.”

She shook her head, “I’m not happy, Sam, she just thinks I am because of you.”

“That’s what you wanted right?”

 She seemed to zone out a bit, as if she wasn’t sure what exactly she wanted. She looked at me, “I don’t know what I want any more Sam.”