Chp. 4

“Are you ready?”

I looked at Blair as I fixed my hair one last time, shrugging, “Of course I’m ready.”

She sighed, “Don’t worry, you look hot.”

I locked eyes with Blair who had the right amount of makeup on to make her eyes pop, and her shirt came down just enough to tease you. She actually looked pretty good too, but we were going to ladies night at Jinx, so looking hot was a must.

Plus I was nineteen.

We walked out of my room and I was annoyed that I wouldn’t be able to drive to Jinx in my baby. I loved driving my car, and honestly, girls drooled over it. It was a sexy car, and it attracted sexy girls.

But when Shawn drove me to the bar like I was 16 it was a bit of a mood killer.

Shawn looked at us, “You two look good.”

I smiled, and I could feel Blair nearly melt next to me, “Thanks Shawn.”

I rolled my eyes as I pointed to the door, “Let’s go.”

Shawn grabbed his keys as he looked at me, “Don’t get too shitfaced tonight, ok?”

I ignored him as I continued to think about what tonight might hold, and I was hoping it held a lot of alcohol and fun. I just wanted to forget about turning nineteen honestly, because I turned nineteen and I was a senior in high school. I had a hot history teacher that seemed to have weird little secrets and I was having a hard time erasing her from my mind. My birthday reminded me of how much I hated my parents, and how they had refused to call me ever since I moved out.

Even my dad.

Shawn spoke as he pulled up next to Jinx, “You ok?”

I nodded, opening the door, “Don’t forget to pick us up, ok?”

And I left him, walking into the bar that was already starting to fill up from the people. I heard Janis Joplin’s Piece of my Heart blaring through the bar as I made my way through the crowd, seeing Danna talking with a tall blonde.

I sat, Blair joining me as Danna noticed me, “Sam! Happy Birthday!”

I smiled, “Thanks, two shots of tequila for me and Blair.”

She poured as she spoke, “I’m glad you didn’t back out!”

I leaned forward, taking the shots and responding quickly before downing it, “I couldn’t refuse easy money!”

Then I downed the shot, feeling the cold liquid burn down my throat as I placed the shot glass on the counter, ordering my usual drink.

“I want my usual, two shots of Jack, not one, and whatever Blair wants.”