Chp. 51

~ ~ ~ ~MEGAN’S POV~ ~ ~ ~

After I had dropped Sam off at her house Monday afternoon I hadn’t been able to stop thinking about her. I was worried, mostly because I didn’t know if she was okay or not because she wouldn’t be in school the rest of the week. There were so many things worrying me that were specifically linked to Sam and it was really managing to stress me out.

And she had only been absent for two days.

The Tuesday had passed painfully slow, and with that on top of me having to teach over a hundred students, well you could say I had been having a bad Tuesday. Now it was Wednesday afternoon and I was really getting anxious over Sam.

There were too many things on my mind for me to actually focus on teaching, and the biggest one was Friday night. Sam hadn’t told me anything about why she had showed up in the first place, but I knew it had to be for something important. The only bad thing was that she was entirely too upset and angry with me to bring it up again, and I was afraid she was going to shut down on me from now on.

And the thought of her doing that upset me.

I remembered the look on her face whenever I had caught her just before she had gotten into her car to leave that night. She had looked so hurt and defeated, and I honestly had no idea why. Did her simply seeing Nikki at my house do that? And if so, why? Sam was never the one to break in the presence of something she hated, if anything it just made her madder than she already was.

But Sam had been angry and so sad, which meant there was something I was missing.

I just needed to talk to her, and that was kind of impossible whenever she was stuck at home and I was here.

The only comforting thing I found within the two days she had been absent was the fact that Blair was gathering her material she was missing and bringing it to her. Not that Sam would do it anyway, considering she never did any school work, like ever.

So it was a lose-lose.

I was currently wasting away my free period thinking and worrying about Sam and I knew the rest of this week would be complete hell for me. I hated thinking that way but I knew it was the truth, and denying it to myself was impossible now.

But admitting that to Sam, well that was never going to happen.

I forced myself to focus again on the task at hand, which was putting grades into the system. I continued typing away as I listened to my clock tick by, reminding me that the softball girls were off of games all this week so practice after school was unnecessary.

I was so grateful because this week’s weather really sucked with all the rain.

Then my phone’s ringing scared me out of my work as I glanced down and saw it was Shawn calling me, which was weird.