Chp. 47

~ ~ ~ SAM'S POV ~ ~ ~

It's not like I had regretted confessing to Megan that she made me happy but it certainly hadn't been a planned response. I didn't know what had come over me or why I had let myself become so vulnerable to her but it was a relief getting it off my chest. She hadn't really reacted, which I still wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing, but I was hoping for the best.

That night something in her had changed, I couldn't really put my finger on it but there had been something different. Even though we had been at a place where majority of the people knew our "relationship", she obviously hadn't been scared to join me at the end of the night. She had been confident, happy, and a lot braver than I was used to.

And I'm still not sure what exactly had made her change so suddenly, but I was grateful for it.

I would get to see her during class today of course, which felt weird, but I would also see her after school for the softball scrimmage that I would have to attend. Their season was starting and my suspension had expired, but honestly I didn't mind the fact that I would have to help out again.

I knew that originally I was doing this as a punishment, but that was no longer the case anymore. I honestly felt like I owed something to the softball team, whether it was for Emma, Megan, or myself. I wanted to participate in something other than just going to school and going home, and being around the softball girls, with the exception of Shay, made me feel good.

So I would suffer through the cold with them with a smile on my face.

Recalling the kiss for Megan's party made me feel weird, but when I thought about it I couldn't help but overanalyze it. It had honestly scared me whenever we had kissed, and I was pretty sure it was because of the things I had felt during it.

We hadn't gotten the chance to actually talk about it, but I'm not sure if I wanted to simply because I didn't know what would be said. I mean I had already just admitted something huge to her within the last few days so I figured she would need time to wrap her head around that first.

The new semester was already underway and we were well into the week considering it was Thursday, and I was so happy tomorrow was Friday.

The first week back was always the worst.

Blair nudged me out of my day dream then, "So my parents are talking about getting me a car, finally."

I looked at her, "That's awesome, so I don't have to drive out to the fucking boondocks to pick you up?"

She scowled at me, "They're talking about getting me one, but thanks for being honest."

I smiled, "Blair you know I don't mind, and now that I have money from work gas isn't an issue."

She nodded, "How is work going? I know you're making a shit ton of money."

I agreed ,"I am, my savings account is getting pretty big."

She eyed me, "Ever thought of moving out?"

Now that she had brought it up I realized I hadn't thought about it, but it sure didn't sound like a bad thing. I obviously didn't want to stay at Shawn's forever but maybe I was holding off until I graduated then I would get serious about looking for a place of my own.

I shrugged, "I'm trying to wait till I'm out of school."

She nodded, "Smart choice, it's weird to hear you talk like an adult."