Chp. 67

~ ~ ~ ~ SAM'S POV ~ ~ ~ ~

After the incident at the bar Megan and I had invested in the proper kind of protection, and now I not only had a can of mace but also a pocket knife, which made me feel a lot safer. I hadn't seen the man since that night, which was over a week ago, allowing me to battle the paranoia I had of seeing him again. I didn't want to relive that night, ever, but maybe he had just been some creep from out of town trying to pick up girls.

And he had tried to pick me.

I shuddered as I checked my phone, attempting to get his face out of my head but now it just seemed impossible. Something deep inside me wouldn't let go of his dark features, and somewhere deeper inside me I wanted to say I recognized him. I didn't know why I thought that because the harder I thought about him the more confused I got, simply because nothing jogged my memory when it came to him.

Was it possible that I did know him?

I shook the thought out of my head as Megan's voice entered my ears, pulling me out of my daydream. I attempted to forget as I looked at her, seeing her completely immersed in her lesson as she slowly glanced at me.

I smiled up at her while she lectured, gaining me a shy smile as she attempted to pull her eyes away from me without causing suspicion. I was convinced that I fell a little harder every day when it came to Megan, and knowing that I only had two more days of senior year was like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but having to wait to reach the end.

I was almost there.

There was nothing I wanted more than to get the hell out of here but I knew these last few days were going to drag. I could see the freedom because it was so close, and immediately I realized I was actually about to graduate high school.

If you asked anyone a year ago I could've been voted "most-likely to be a drop out", but look at me now.

I was proud of myself, and I had a legit reason to be considering when I started here in August I'm pretty sure I had a negative GPA. Now I was passing with A's and B's and I had Megan to thank for that.

Then the bell rang, dismissing the class as everyone started packing up and getting up to leave. I wanted to hang around just for a few more minutes considering I only had two more days with Megan as my teacher.

And I had to admit, I was actually going to kind of miss it.

Megan gently closed the door behind her as the last of her students made it out of the classroom, looking at me and sighing, "Two more days Sam, then I won't be your teacher anymore."

I shrugged," Technically you'll be my teacher till I graduate, which is a little over a week from now."

She shoved me slightly, smiling, "You're such a smart ass."

"I get it from my history teacher."

I watched Megan's blue eyes look me up and down, and then one of her hands rested on my shoulder, "How are you feeling... you know, about the whole situation from Jinx?"

I shrugged then, nodding, "I'm fine... it's getting better."

She smiled sadly, "I hate the fact that I can't rip his balls off for doing that to you."

I moved in closer to her, smiling in humor at her response, "It's not your fault."

Her hands tangled themselves in my hair, pulling me into her as I rested my head on her chest. I could hear her heart, which was something that always amazed me because it never slowed down when we were together.