Chp. 18

Emma turned to me, "Why is Miss Adams at your house? And why did you call her Megan?"

I held up my hands, "It's a long story, but my brother's kind of... dating her? I think? I dunno, but they're good friends."

She palmed her face as she unlocked her car, "This is bad, Sam."

I shook my head, "Don't worry, she won't do anything to you. I'm the one that's in danger."

She sighed heavily, indicating she was stressed, but then pushed it to the back of her mind. She smiled, "So this... last night... it doesn't mean anything... right?"

I smirked, realizing we were on the same page. I nodded, "Right."

She jumped into her car, "See you Monday."

Then she was gone out of the parking lot, leaving me to decide how I was going to go about Megan sitting in my kitchen with Shawn. I walked slowly up to the door, realizing I had to face them, although I knew Megan wouldn't say anything in front of Shawn.

But that didn't mean Shawn wouldn't say anything in front of Megan.

I walked in, seeing Shawn's face as I made my way through the apartment. Then before I could get to my room Shawn spoke, "Where you goin?"

I looked back at him, "Sleep?"

"Nah, it's already noon, come drink the coffee that we made for you."

I groaned to myself as I walked over to the kitchen, pouring my coffee as I avoided eye contact with Megan. The last thing I wanted to do was look at her, much less talk to her. I continued to peer down in my coffee as I stood there in awkward silence, wondering if Shawn was doing this on purpose.

Then he spoke, "So, how was last night?"

I shrugged, "Good."

"Good?"

All I could do was nod.

"Sam, we could hear the two of you, it sounded a lot more than just good."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm taking my coffee in my room."

"Watch the-"

But before he could finish I nearly tripped and busted my ass over a pile of boxes that I hadn't even noticed. I peered down at them, realizing that they read Megan and Megan's clothes, and for some reason it took a little while to register.

I looked up, suddenly coming to the horrible conclusion that Megan was actually beginning to move in. I didn't want to say anything, so I continued onto my room as if I hadn't noticed anything out of the blue.

But I was slowly dying on the inside.

~ ~ ~ ~

Blair sighed, "So, I'm guessing you fucked her?"

"And vice versa, she was pretty good for a first timer."

Blair seemed to fall quiet for a bit, but I pushed the thought of asking her what was wrong to the side. There was no reason to talk about it any further, and we both knew that. Emma and I had our fun, and there were no feelings attached.

It was exactly what I wanted.

"So, there's nothing there?"

"Nothing."

"One hundred percent?"

"Positive."

"Just friends?"

"Possibly friends with benefits."

"Oh Lord, Sam."

I realized that as we were getting closer to Megan's room the more nervous I was becoming, and I had no idea why.