Chp. 32

"Ah Sam fuck!"

I continued pushing into Emma harder and harder, almost to the point of blanking out. I was still upset and hurt over everything that had happened earlier with Megan and I was kind of taking it out on her.

I could feel her nails digging into me as I continued, hearing her moans that were sounding a little too painful.

"Oh God Sam, stop..."

I pulled out of her and rolled to my back, waiting for her to ask me what the hell had gotten into me. I could feel her eyes on me as she turned on her side, just studying me in silence as I tried to figure out what to say to her.

She spoke softly, "Are you okay?"

I shook my head, "Yea just a long day..."

"More like a bad day from what you just showed me."

I sighed, "I'm sorry."

She just looked at me but I refused to look at her. I felt too guilty looking at her, and I somehow knew she knew that. There was no way I was hiding my weird behavior well enough from her, and I knew she could see right through it.

Just like Megan.

Yea well, fuck Megan.

"Are you happy with me?"

What? Did Emma really just ask me that?

I just looked at her, not really sure what to say even though I knew I should just say yes. I stuttered, "Uh, yea?"

"Well that was convincing."

I watched her get up out of her bed in an angry manner as she trudged around her room getting ready for practice. I knew I had said something wrong but... she had totally turned this into something about her.

Again.

I spoke, "Why are you mad?"

She shook her head, "You know, I figured this would happen."

I shook my head, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You would get tired of me."

I stood then, walking over to her, "Are you serious? I tell you I have a bad day and you turn it into something about you?"

She pulled on pants and continued to ignore me, as if I hadn't said everything she needed to hear. I had completely gone against my own grain by dating this girl and she was going to do this? I mean really?

Immature.

She stood up, looking at me with this look in her eyes that I couldn't really read. She spoke sadly, "Sam, please just tell me the truth."

And all of a sudden I realized I couldn't. I couldn't tell her about my feelings, or my past, or my parents. I couldn't tell her about all of my problems and bad habits that were slowly starting to kill me. I couldn't tell her how I still had urges for other people, and how I was beginning to shut out everyone again.

I exhaled heavily, "Emma... you deserve someone better than me."

She shook her head, grabbing my hands, "And you deserve someone who cares about you, and that's me."

Her words hurt me, whether it was from the guilt or because I honestly didn't like her the way I wanted. It was nothing compared to Megan, and Megan wanted nothing to do with me. I was lost and hurt, and Megan was completely abandoning me after everything she had put me through.