Chp. 48

“Long time no see, Sam.”

I smiled at Emma, who was dressed in uniform as she held her glove in one hand while the other rested on her hip. She looked pretty hot considering her pants were pretty tight around her nice legs, but thinking about Emma was impossible when I was too hung-up on what had happened between Megan and I earlier.

Just thinking about it made my heart go crazy.

I responded, “Did you miss me?”

“Not really.”

I rolled my eyes, laughing at Emma’s obvious sarcasm as I shoved her, “Ready to kick some ass?”

She nodded, “Most definitely, this team sucks. I don’t even know why we’re warming up, honestly.”

I shivered in my jacket, “Maybe because it’s like fifty degrees out here.”

She nudged me playfully, “Don’t be a pussy, pussy.”

I laughed, looking past her and at Megan who seemed to be pretty busy writing a lineup for the approaching game. She hadn’t noticed me, and as I returned my attention to Emma I realized I really wanted to be with Megan right now.

But Emma would have to do.

I held my hand up, “Bitch please, I used to play in this cold too.”

She smiled, “Well, I’m glad your back honestly because it’ll just piss Shay off and she’ll play better.”

I rolled my eyes again, “I hope I make that bitch get hit in the face with the ball.”

Emma laughed as me while turning to leave to go and warm up with the rest of the team, “Oh you’ll get used to her… eventually.”

“More like never.”

Then she turned, leaving me to walk over towards the dugout. I was glad I was on good terms with Emma, mostly because it could’ve been super awkward if I wasn’t. Not to mention the fact that most of the team actually liked me besides Shay, who for some reason was staring me down hard at the moment.

So I just smiled and waved to her.

I continued into the dugout, finally getting Megan’s attention and attempting to read her. She seemed a bit more nervous at my presence, which I wasn’t sure if it was a good or bad thing. She could be nervous because of our heated kiss or for other reasons, whether she felt guilty or something.

I hoped it was the first reason.

I sat next to her on the bench, wondering if she was going to talk to me and figuring she probably wouldn’t. I knew we were alone right here but there were still students around, and Megan seemed a bit on edge to want to start a conversation.