Chp. 10

“Well, that’s what you get for being a cunt to your history teacher.”

I rolled my eyes, taking a sip of my beer as I inhaled the familiar scent of cigarette smoke. I couldn’t believe Blair was actually saying that, after everything Megan did to me she was still defending her.

“Glad to know you’re on my side.”

Blair groaned, rubbing my shoulder, “Sam, you humiliated her in front of her class. Yes, she’s going to get pissed and take it out on you.”

I dropped my shoulders and realized she was right, once again. I sighed, leaning on the bar and shaking my head, “Blair, remember I have to assist her with the softball team. Our softball team, ok? They’re good, like really good, and their season is going to be long. I have to do this for several months! Show me some pity.”

Blair raised her eyebrow at my rant, “Since when do you want pity? And look, it won’t be as bad as you think. The girls you knew before have graduated already, so they’re all fresh faces. I think it’ll do you some good to hang out with Megan too. Get a little bonding time, if you know what I mean.”

The tone of her voice changed when she mentioned Megan, which obviously led me to believe she wasn’t talking about genuine girl on girl talk. I sighed, “Blair, stop thinking Megan and I are going to fuck. It’s not gonna happen.”

“But Sam, I know how you are.”

I ran my hand through my messy blonde hair, wishing she would just stop putting images of Megan and I having sex in my head. It was wrong, but God it looked pretty damn right in my mind.

I answered, “I don’t want to fuck a narcissistic bitch that analyzes my thoughts and emotions, as if she’s trying to figure me out 24/7.”

“I’m pretty sure she has something for you, Sam.”

I shrugged, “Everyone does, it’s nothing new to me.”

Blair shoved me, “Stop sounding so conceited and listen to me. You know I can read people very well. Yes, Megan annoys you with her personal questions and studies you like a puzzle, but I don’t think it’s for her personal game. I think she genuinely cares about you, but I don’t think she realizes it yet.”

I looked at Blair, partially amazed and partially annoyed, “Ok Nicholas Sparks, I think it’s time to lay off all the romance novels.”

She smiled, sipping on her drink, “I can’t, I love to read. You should try it some time.”

I laughed, “Yea no, I have better things to do than read sappy love books.”

“Like what? Drug dealing?”

“I don’t deal you idiot, I just deliver. You know that.”

Blair leaned over to me, resting her head on my shoulder, “I think you should call your boy up tonight so we can do something else rather than just sit at Jinx on a Friday night.”