Chp. 34

“The beer’s here, and over there’s the liquor, but you already know that…”

I followed Danna around Jinx taking in everything she was telling me. I had completely forgotten to tell her we were actually off all week for Thanksgiving and I was in desperate need of escaping my house.

I was just glad to be away from Megan.

After I had lashed out on her Saturday morning we hadn’t spoken since and I was starting to think maybe I should just completely back off. She had obviously slept with Nikki by her response and the more I thought about it the more upset I would get. There was no use in getting upset and taking it out on her when it honestly was none of my business.

I just didn’t care anymore.

I wasn’t going to fight with her, I was going to try and avoid that at all costs now. Megan and I would obviously never be anything more than friends, and friends didn’t fight like we did. I needed to change my attitude for the better, and maybe she would finally see that I didn’t care anymore.

And maybe if I did that I would finally convince myself that I didn’t, because we all knew I obviously cared.

Danna spoke, “Mixed drinks are easy, usually the people will tell you what they want. Beer’s the most requested but you still need to know the basics.”

I sighed, “I know a lot more alcohol than you think.”

She looked at me, “You think so huh?”

I smirked, “I know so. Test me.”

She sighed, “Long Island iced Tea.”

I sighed, already knowing this, “Vodka, Tequila, Rum, Gin, Cola and Sour.”

“Lemon Drop?”

“Absolut, sugar, and a lemon.”

She thumbed her chin, pointing, “White Russian?”

I responded immediately, “Vodka, cream, and coffee liqueur.”

Danna threw her hands up, nodding, “You’ll be fine. Let me show you how to ring all this stuff up.”

She took me to the computer and started showing me how to put in the drinks and oddly enough it was easier than expected. I felt confident about this, mostly because I knew most drinks and it was only Monday and training was going great. She didn’t want to work me until Wednesday, which was their busiest night besides Friday and I was ready to go.

I began helping her restock the bar while she questioned, “So how’s school going?”

I shrugged, “Good as it can get I guess, I just want graduation to be here already.”

She patted my back, “Any plans after?”