Chp. 25

After morning coffee with Megan I had been feeling really weird after lying to her face. I didn't understand why I had lied to her about what she had told me, I just didn't really know how to break it to her.

But for some reason I regretted it.

She seemed shocked when I told her, but she brushed it off to the side immediately. The last thing I wanted was for her to start crawling back to Nikki on my behalf.

Why was I so stupid?

What had I been afraid of? Why had I been afraid over the thought of Megan possibly caring for me? Did she care about me? No, that was the entire reason I lied, because I knew she didn't. I was her student, her best friend's sister, and not to mention five years younger.

But age was never an issue, especially when you get older, not to me anyway.

Currently I was making my way to Blair's house after getting a text that consisted of a lot of uppercase letters and exclamation points. After the bar scene yesterday I had jet to the apartment after dropping her off, and she wanted to know everything that had went on in that booth.

And I needed to talk to her.

I pulled up into her driveway, making my way through her house and into her bedroom where I found her laying on her bed. She sat up, "You have a lot of explaining to do."

I smiled, sitting on her bed, "Yea, I know."

"So spill. What happened?"

And I did, from the whole pretending-to-be-the-fake-girlfriend thing to the night I had with Megan. I tried my best not to leave any detail out because I knew once we were done she would try giving me advice, which is exactly what I needed. I had no idea how to go about this whole Megan thing, and if anyone knew what to do, it would be Blair.

I finished, "So what should I do?"

She just stared at me, shaking her head, "I honestly have no idea on this one, Sam."

My jaw dropped, "What? No, you have to help me."

Blair smiled, "Well, first off, the thing with the half ownership of Jinx, yea you need to talk to Danna about that before Nikki does. Second, when is Nikki leaving in the first place? Is she still in town? And with Megan... I honestly have no clue. All she muttered was stay, nothing more, nothing less, which doesn't give you much to work with. She could've thought you were her mom for all we know, because she wasn't even conscious."

I ran my hand through my hair, feeling overwhelmed, "Megan's right, this is so fucked up."

Blair patted my back, "But hey, now we got a glimpse inside Megan, and maybe I've been right all along and she cares about you like you care about her."

I looked at Blair, "What do you mean how I care about her?"

"Oh give it a rest Sam, you're falling in love with her and everyone knows it."

"Everyone?!"

"Ssh, calm down," she put her hand on my shoulder, "Not everyone. It's a figure of speech."

I felt my heart beat speed up, not knowing what I was supposed to do or what exactly I was feeling. I had never really felt this before, nothing this strong, and it was confusing and awesome at the same time.

Blair coaxed, "So anyways, how's you and Emma?"

"Who?"

"Emma? Gorgeous brunette with a rockin' body that I'm pretty sure is falling for you like you're falling for Megan."