Chp. 49

“Oh come on Shawn. I finally get a Friday off, please let me go to a party tonight! I won’t drink and I’ll be home by one, pleassseeee.”

Shawn just studied me, not really wanting to have to tell me no, and I knew I was slowly breaking him. He was giving in, and he threw up his hands, “Fine, but you better be home by one or this isn’t happening again till you move out.”

I hugged him tight as I smiled, “Oh thank you! I promise, I’ll be home by one, and if not it’s probably because I’m super wasted.”

“Sam!”

I held up my hands, “I’m just kidding Shawn, I won’t drink tonight.”

“And no drugs.”

I sighed, “Does that include weed?”

He glared at me, “I’m serious.”

I smiled, “Shawn I’m not stupid okay? Trust me, I’ll be a good girl tonight.”

He rolled his eyes, “That’s what scares me Sam, I know you’re anything but a good girl.”

I laughed, “But I’ll try my hardest.”

I grabbed my keys and my jacket, heading for the door and realizing if I left now I would make it to the party by at least 11:00. I was showing up kind of late but that’s okay, that ensures me that everyone was already there and I would make a surprise entrance.

Blair wouldn’t be joining me considering she was with her boyfriend tonight, which felt like every night because she was literally always with him. Even though I was happy for her I still felt like she was spending excessive amounts of time with him over me, but I wouldn’t hold it against her.

I knew she liked him a lot.

And of course the thought of Megan entered my mind, which should be something I was used to by now. She hadn’t spoken to me today in class and practice had been canceled, so an entire day without interaction with her had really put a damper on my mood.

But I could only hope that hanging out with Becca tonight would somewhat fill that void, even though I knew no one but Megan could do that.

I didn’t know what was going on with me and Megan. We had shared a nice moment for New Years and then the nice talks and little kisses, and no we were back to where we started. Did she want me? Is that why she was acting so weird around me? I knew there was something there for me inside her heart, but I didn’t know exactly what it was so it just pissed me off.  

There was no denying the attraction, Megan and I had had the tension before we even liked each other, but now it had escalated to a whole new level.

Now there were feelings, and that was always scary.