Chp. 61

~ ~ ~ ~MEGAN’S POV~ ~ ~ ~

Upon waking up I quickly glanced at the clock, seeing that it was 7:00 and remembering that we were supposed to be heading to church later. I pulled myself up to standing position, glancing back at Sam who was curled up in the endless sheets of our bed looking peaceful as ever.

She looked way too cute for me to wake her up.

I silently made my way downstairs, figuring I would make a pot of coffee for whoever desired it, whether it was Sam or Shawn. Then to my surprise I came face to face with Shawn himself, who seemed a little startled that I was up this early.

He asked, “You’re up awfully early. Going run again?”

I shook my head, “Uh no, me and Sam are supposed to be going to mass.”

He raised his eyebrows in surprise, nodding, “You’ve convinced Sam to go to church?”

I shrugged, moving around him and towards the coffee pot, “Not necessarily, I offered and she kind of agreed…”

He sipped from his mug and nodded, “Should be good for her, she hasn’t been in a while.”

I set the coffee pot to brew and turned around, wondering if I should bring up the whole situation between me and Sam. I knew he had to have questions over something, I mean hell if I was in his situation I know I would have about a million.

I leaned on the counter, looking at him, “Shawn… I never really got to talk to you about me and Sam.”

He looked up from his laptop and shook his head, “What exactly do you want to talk about?”

It didn’t feel awkward, which was always a good thing, but the last thing I wanted to do was make it awkward because this was Sam’s older brother.

He was that before anything else.

I sighed, “I just, I don’t know how you feel about it. Like does it make you uncomfortable or…?”

He sipped from his cup again and shook his head, “Megan, it doesn’t make me uncomfortable. I mean yes, granted you are her teacher and I know that for a fact so that’s a little weird, but if I recall correctly you were her acquaintance before her teacher. I mean hell, I introduced you two, so why would it be weird?”

I felt a sense of relief knowing this is where Shawn stood on the whole situation because it had really begun to bug me. He didn’t look at me and Sam as teacher and student, along with everyone else in this house. This eliminated any possibility of me and Sam’s relationship to make anyone uncomfortable, which I was extremely grateful for.

I nodded, “Thank you, because seriously it was starting to bug the shit out of me by not talking to you about it.”