Chp. 9

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been in some pretty awkward situations, and I mean really awkward. Once, I was forced to be in a group with two girls I had been sexually involved with, and they both knew each other. It was embarrassing, simply because they had both grown feelings for me and I wasn’t interested in either of them.

But this was much worse.

I sat quietly in the backseat of Shawn’s car, realizing that this was actually happening. Me, Blair, Shawn and unfortunately, Megan, were on our way to a restaurant. I felt bad for dragging Blair along but I wasn’t going to suffer alone as a third-wheel.

Nope, fuck that.

Then Shawn’s voice broke the silence, “So, when is Sam going to start helping you with the softball team?”

I growled under my breath as Blair squeezed my leg in excitement, and I realized she had no idea what had gone down between Megan and I in the last three days. Should I tell her? Considering she was my best friend and loved the idea of Megan and I in a secret relationship.

But that was so not gonna happen.

I watched Megan with hate in my glare, seeing that she was refusing her eyes to look back at me. I smiled as I thought internally, good, I didn’t want her to look at me anyway.

She sighed, “Well, they start practicing in a couple weeks.”

I rolled my eyes, thinking, Way too soon.

I could hear Blair’s tiny squeals of excitement as we pulled up into a parking lot to a restaurant. She was way too happy over this whole ordeal that Megan had black-mailed me into, and it was kind of annoying.

The last thing I wanted was to have to help Megan do something I had no business doing. It was a shame really, that she was black-mailing me into this when there would’ve been plenty of volunteers other than me.

But no, I had to go and get caught changing my stupid grades.

The conversation Megan and I had exchanged Friday played in my head, allowing the familiar anger to return. Then we got out of the car and walked into the semi-nice restaurant that I didn’t even want to be at in the first place.

Shawn and Megan walked in front of me and Blair, which allowed Blair to question, “Dude, what’s with the death stares to Megan?”

I shook my head, “I’ll tell you later.”

She stayed silent after hearing my tone of voice, realizing I wasn’t in the mood at all to talk about it. I was just too upset with Megan, and I knew it would be hard forgiving her, especially when I would have to spend every fucking day with her soon.

We sat in a booth, and Blair refused to sit across from Megan which put me into the most awkward position ever. I refused to look at her, but the table wasn’t big, and I knew as soon as I would look up I would come eye to eye with her. Something I was trying awfully hard to avoid.