Chp. 43

The remaining rest of the week had passed slowly but surely, and as I still continued to ignore Megan I knew nothing was going to get better any time soon. I had returned to being only her student, continued to give her lip in class, and continued to give her signs that I was pissed and still waiting for her perfect tits to rot off.

Guess you could say I hold a grudge.

Remembering the night I had gotten into the wreck only made me hurt even more. I remembered how she had walked out without even trying to listen to me, how she had just walked out and decided to ruin the rest of my senior year.

She hadn’t even tried talking about how Thanksgiving went with my family, when she had been the one to suggest I go.

The more I dissected the night she had lied to Shawn the more confused I became. Honestly, I hadn’t expected her to show up. I had been totally and completely blindsided when she had walked through that door and into my hospital room. My heart had stopped in my chest, mostly from how amazing she had looked in her nice dress she had obviously worn for her family gathering. She had the right amount of make-up on, but not too much, and she had her long brown hair in curls that had been wet from the rain.

She had stunned me and all I could muster was a fucking “Happy Thanksgiving?”

 She had been out of breath when she had stormed in, as if she had been running or walking quite fast. She had gotten here not long after I had, which only meant she had sped here to see me. She had been so relieved when she had seen me sitting there in my bed looking up at her. She had been so happy that I wasn’t bad off.

She had been scared that I would’ve been really fucked up, which only meant one thing…  

Megan had to care about me, and even though she did get me grounded I couldn’t keep holding it against her as much as the pain burned in my heart.

But why did she lie? Why did she get me into a heap of trouble I honestly didn’t deserve? It had been over a week since this whole incident happened and I was growing more and more impatient for the truth with each passing second. It sucked because I never saw her anywhere besides school and having a civil and understanding conversation was difficult.

I had a short temper, and the last thing I wanted to do was call her out and bitch at her in her own room with neighboring classrooms.

I needed to be alone with her.

Then I felt a tap on my back, pulling me out of my daydream.

“Ready for a busy night?”

I looked at Danna as I resumed stocking my fridge, knowing that tonight was Saturday night and we were going to be super busy. I nodded in response, “I’m always ready.”

She studied me, tilting her head, “Are you okay?”

I nodded quickly, not wanting her to see that I was actually pretty upset. She dismissed herself then to resume what she had initially been doing as I sulked in my misery. I really was upset, and the more I thought about everything Megan had done the more confused I stayed. I wanted to be mad at her but I couldn’t because I knew she had to have a logical reason. Megan had never done anything without analyzing the shit out of it, and for her to decide to do something like this didn’t go without thought.