Chp. 3

What. The. Fuck.

 I pulled out my phone instantly, texting Blair, Holy shit, Shawn’s girlfriend is my history teacher!!!

Megan hadn’t noticed me yet, and I was praying she didn’t. Ever. Although I knew that was pretty impossible considering I was her student now.

I didn’t quite understand what I was feeling, but it felt something along the lines of embarrassment, which was something I didn’t like. What would she think when she found out not only had a flunked an entire grade, but also the subject she seemed to love so much?

Then again, why did I give a shit what she thought about me?

I rolled my eyes at my incompetence, realizing how stupid I had sounded then. I could give a shit whether Megan thought I was a loser or not… right?

Wrong.

Fuck.

I hadn’t realized she was calling roll until all eyes turned to me, and I looked up into Megan’s eyes as she read my name.

“Samantha… Carson?”

I clenched my jaw at my full name, correcting her, “Its Sam.”

Her eyes studied me a little bit longer than I liked, but for some reason I didn’t mind the attention. She looked just as stunned as I had when I looked up and saw she was my teacher, and now we were both coming to terms with reality.

How more fucked up could this get?

She continued calling roll, but I could tell she was uneasy by the sight of me. Why? I mean did I look that much older than a regular junior in high school? Or was it something else I was missing?

And why did I care so much?

I felt my phone buzz in my booksack and I opened the text, reading Blair’s response, HOLY SHIT! I’M SO JEALOUS I WASN’T STUPID MY JUNIOR YEAR NOW!

I rolled my eyes, getting annoyed how she always called me stupid. It wasn’t because I was stupid that I failed my sophomore year, and it wasn’t because I was stupid I failed my American History class.

It’s because I never went, because well, fuck school, and fuck history.

I responded quickly to Blair, Fuck you.

And as I watched Megan call out names I realized maybe I could get used to learning some important dates and history…

Shit, no. I couldn’t get carried away. This was Shawn’s girl, the girl he really liked, and I couldn’t screw this up. Besides, she was my teacher now, and this was pretty illegal. I knew I wasn’t underage but she was legally my teacher before my friend, and I needed to come to terms with that.