Chp. 14

“So what did you two do last night?”

Blair spoke immediately, “A party, more like a get together. Nothing illegal though.”

I rolled my eyes at her babbling, thanking God silently that we were pulling up into her driveway. Megan questioned, “This house?”

I nodded, “Yea.”

Then we stopped, and I looked back at Blair who was looking at me uncomfortably as she opened the door. She smiled, waving as she exited, “Thanks for the ride Megan.”

“No problem.”

Then Megan and I were alone again, and I felt her eyes switch to me as Blair walked into her house.

She asked, “So what did you two really do last night?”

I shook my head, “I don’t have to answer to you right now, you’re not my teacher.”

“Samantha.”

I glared at her, shaking my head, “Don’t.”

“Tell me.”

“We went to a frat house to deliver some weed, then we stayed and partied and the cops decided to show up at two in the morning. But we ditched them before they could get there.”

She shook her head, backing out onto the main road and driving out of Blair’s neighborhood, “God Sam, I’m just waiting for the day Shawn and I have to come bail you out of jail.”

I laughed, “Blair kind of has that same mind-set.”

“Maybe you should slow it down, if you know what I mean.”

I shrugged, “I’ll slow down when I’m dead.”

She huffed in annoyance as I brushed off her not-so-friendly advice, realizing maybe she was right. It was easy money though, and simply driving ten miles to deliver a bag of weed for a hundred dollars seemed like an easy win.

And yes, I understood the stuff was illegal.

I leaned forward, pressing the tune button on Megan’s radio and switching it to my usual rock station I normally listened to. I heard the sound Aerosmith’s Love in An Elevator blare through the speakers as I looked at Megan, “You listen to this?”

She shrugged, “When I’m in the mood.”

I smiled, “You know who this is?”

“Aerosmith, duh. Who doesn’t know that?”

I snorted a response, “You’d be surprised. My generation sucks, listening to faggot One Erection and all those other washed up teenage singers. It gets tiring trying to relate to someone who has no idea who Janis Joplin is.”