Chp. 73 *BONUS CHAPTER*

5 YEARS LATER...

~ ~ ~ ~ SAM'S POV ~ ~ ~ ~

"So how was your first week?"

I studied Megan, watching her almost beam with excitement at me mentioning her first week at the University. She smiled widely as she placed her hands on top of mine, "It went great, I just hope not too many people drop my class throughout the semester."

I smirked, leaning back in the booth as I gazed at the dark-haired woman in front of me, "They wouldn't drop your class even if they were failing."

Remembering how Megan had busted her ass for the last five years to work and go back to school amazed me. She would teach at the high school during the day and right after she would head over to the university for her night classes. I had even stayed up late with her countless nights as she wrote papers and researched topics, and at times it actually overwhelmed me and I wasn't even the one going to school.

But she had done it, and now she was one week into her first semester at the University and I couldn't be more proud of her. She was finally doing what she had really wanted to do all along, and I could see how happy it made her.

Then her velvet voice interrupted my thoughts, "You don't have to go to Jinx tonight right?"

I shook my head, "On my birthday? As if. I'm all yours tonight."

She bit her lip slightly as she watched me, staying silent for a bit longer. When her and I had moved here years ago Danna and I had stayed in touch, and when I told her I had passed a bar that had recently shut down and was now for lease we took the opportunity.

Danna had been planning on opening up another Jinx near the University Megan and I had moved near, and whenever I let her know about the building she didn't hesitate.

It had taken us about two years to renovate and turn it into another Jinx, and even five years later we were still making changes every now and then. Danna and I had agreed to leave the right under her name for the original but I was actually part owner of the new one. Even though it came with a lot of responsibilities, and I mean a lot of responsibilities, I knew I could handle it.

And considering it was the only LGBT influenced bar downtown it was packed almost every single night we were open. It was mostly college students that stopped by but it only made the atmosphere of the place electric. I actually kind of liked this one better than the old one.

Megan sighed, taking my hands in hers as she looked at me, "So, I got you a gift...."

I frowned, "Megan, I told you I didn't want anything."

She glared at me, "Oh whatever, Sam."

I watched her dig in her purse and eventually pull out a box that was wrapped in red birthday wrapping paper with a little bow on top. She smiled as she handed it to me, "Open it."

I gave her a look that said "Thank you, but if it's expensive I will be mad" and began tearing the paper. I prayed it wasn't jewelry because that honestly wasn't my thing, but Megan knew that so her buying me a necklace or something didn't seem likely.

So it was actually a mystery as to what she had gotten me.

I pushed the tiny amount of wrapping paper to the side and looked down at the brown box, and then up to her, "Megan it better not be-"

"Open the damn thing and stop being so stubborn."

I frowned, seeing a sly smile on her lips as I removed the top of the box, exposing a brand new Apple IPod. I honestly hadn't expected it which really made me happy and excited, and then when I looked up to her she smiled.