Chp. 23

~ SAM’S POV ~

I forced myself into the kitchen, singing happily inside that it was Friday already. I saw Megan hadn’t put the coffee on so I took it upon myself to do it, and then heading to my room to get dressed for school.

Megan had opened up to me Wednesday and I had been shocked, really shocked, but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle. It was weird, how comfortable we were with each other to be able to open up without regret. It was nice knowing that she felt semi-comfortable with me to tell me about her financial situation too, and now I suddenly felt compelled to help her.

But what could I do? It wasn’t like my couple hundreds made from selling for Ross would do her any good against twenty-grand. It wouldn’t even make a dent, and would probably confuse Megan which would lead to questions, questions I didn’t want to answer.

So that was out of the question.

Finishing up in the bathroom I gathered my things and headed back into the kitchen, seeing Megan sitting at the counter with her mug. She looked transfixed, which mad me a little nervous because I had no idea what could be wrong.

I walked up to her slowly, eyeing her, “You ok?”

She nodded, “Nikki wants to meet for drinks around five today.”

I felt something in me twitch, which made me wonder why on earth I took such great offense to this. I mean sure, I didn’t like Nikki very much because of how she made Megan, but that really wasn’t any of my business…

But I couldn’t help but care.

I sipped my coffee, “So what are you gonna do?”

She shrugged, “I don’t know, I don’t think it’s a good idea meeting up with her, honestly.”

I contemplated internally, wondering how exactly I felt about Megan meeting up with her heartless ex-girlfriend. There were plenty of cons, more than enough to convince me to try and persuade her not to meet up with her, but it could also help Megan significantly. She could finally get closure from Nikki and finally cut her out of her life, which seemed to be the only pro.

Then before I could think, I spoke, “I think you should. Set her straight and let her off easy, get your closure once and for all.”

She looked at me, not understanding where my response had come from. I honestly didn’t know where it came from either, because I realized I kind of didn’t want Megan to see Nikki.

She responded, “So we should meet is what you’re saying?”

I nodded, playing off my response, “Yes.”

She sighed, leaning forward and sipping her coffee nervously, “You think Jinx is a good spot?”

I nodded once more, “Sure, at five they’re not too busy, and you’ll have privacy to talk about… whatever.”