Chp. 57

After the night with Megan everything seemed to stay pretty sane. Nothing changed like I thought it would, which I was grateful for because I had been extremely worried she would push me away again. She had talked to me about it too, which only settled my un-resting nerves about the entire situation.

But most importantly, she didn’t make us define anything, which helped me a lot considering I had this weird phobia of commitment.

I knew the time would come eventually, which I was hoping I would be ready to face, but for right now we were extremely content. I figured she wasn’t asking because I was still her student, and would be for the next two months considering it was now the end of March.

The two months after that infamous night had been slow and steady, both of us figuring each other out in every way possible. I went over almost every weekend, I spent afternoons in her classroom, and I slept over at her house plenty of times for me to feel comfortable enough to not have to be invited.

In a way it was almost like we were in fact dating, but the label just wasn’t there and out in the open. I knew it wouldn’t be like that, at least for a while considering our situation, but I didn’t know what was going to happen after graduation.

But I wasn’t worrying about that right now since Megan didn’t seem to be either, and I was just enjoying the time spent with her.

I was currently coming home from Blair’s house considering we had barely been hanging out since she now had a boyfriend and I had been spending time with Megan. It saddened me that Blair and I weren’t hanging out as much, but Megan had told me this always happens when someone gets a significant other. Also, I couldn’t really blame her considering she really was head over heels for this guy, and by the looks of it he felt the same about her.

I pulled up into my parking lot, immediately taking notice that there was a very familiar car near my apartment.

What was Megan doing here? She hadn’t told me she was coming over.

I parked and rushed inside, seeing Shawn and Megan sitting at the dinner table with what looked like take-out sushi. Nothing seemed to be going on but they immediately greeted me, Shawn spoke, “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming home? I would’ve gotten you some food if I had known.”

I shrugged, walking over to the fridge and grabbing something to drink, “I ate at Blair’s anyway, it’s not a big deal.”

I leaned on the other side of the bar, watching Megan’s eyes travel to me and stare at me almost longingly. I wanted to be close to her, I always felt that when I was around her, but I couldn’t because Shawn was home.

Megan smiled, breaking the long eye contact and saying, “Sam’s grades are finally improving past a C, and she actually aced one of my tests.”

I smirked at her, knowing she was trying to play the teacher part but she had a hint of flirtation in there directed towards me. I studied her intently as Shawn responded, “That’s great, maybe she’ll pass with A’s and B’s.”

I laughed, “Don’t get your hopes up.”