Chp. 68

~ ~ ~ ~ SAM’S POV ~ ~ ~ ~

Being at Jinx was honestly the last place I wanted to be, especially considering I couldn’t look forward to going to Megan’s after. I didn’t want to intrude considering I knew she was still upset with me, and as much as I didn’t want to give her space I knew I needed to.

I should’ve just told her the truth about what had happened today at lunch, I just guess a part of me had felt stupid and embarrassed. Another part of me honestly didn’t want to tell her because I knew exactly what her reaction would be…

And now look at where we were.

For once in my life I understood why she had gotten so upset, not because of me being with Becca or getting the speeding ticket… it was because I had kept it from her. Why I had deliberately kept a stupid speeding ticket from her was the reason she was upset, because like she had said, keeping shit from her was how you lost trust, not gained it.

She knew me, she knew my past, and she had every right to have trust issues. She knew I wasn’t perfect, and somewhere in the back of her mind she expected me to screw up a few times.

But now that I had I seen how upset it made her it made me want to never fuck up again.

I guess I considered it our first fight, or disagreement, or whatever the hell it was, and thinking about how she had looked so upset made me want to throw up. Disappointing Megan was one of the worst feelings I’ve ever felt, but going about making it better was foreign to me.

I could stop by after work but it would be extremely late, which meant I would have to wake her up considering she wasn’t waiting up for me. Not to mention the fact that we actually had school tomorrow, which I was dreading considering it was my second to last day and I would be beat tired.

This whole situation was just fucked and it was my fault, as expected.

Not to mention Shawn who I had put in another messed up situation because now he had to put his own reputation on the line to get me off the hook. I didn’t have the best record with the cops, and if it hadn’t have been Dan to pull me over I would probably be in jail right now.

Having a little fun was alright but I guess I should’ve known better than to do it on a country road. I could’ve gotten on the highway and probably gotten away with hitting a hundred, but I had decided not to, not only putting me and Becca’s life at risk but other people as well.

I could’ve gone about everything differently just by thinking before I did something blatantly stupid.

Feeling down at work was dreadful, especially when I had to deal with customers that seemed to want to play with your emotions and got disappointed when you didn’t play along. I knew my tips would be shitty just like my attitude but finding the urge to care wasn’t happening.

I just wanted to go home.

“Hey sweetie, wanna grab me another beer?”