Chp. 52

~ ~ ~ ~SAM’S POV~ ~ ~ ~

After what felt like centuries of waiting, it was nearing 2:30, and I knew Megan would be showing up very soon within the next thirty minutes. I hadn’t prepared anything good to say, I didn’t even know what was going to come up. After the kiss yesterday it had surely confused the hell out of me and left me wanting more, and Megan had agreed to come back even though I had kicked her out yesterday.

I didn’t know why I was nervous, but it was making me stare into the mirror and primp my hair or wipe my slightly smeared make-up. I had even brushed my teeth because if Megan was going to unexpectedly kiss me again I wanted to be ready.

Oh God I sound like I had never done this before.

Then again, I hadn’t done anything like this before. I had never made myself vulnerable to someone, I had never allowed myself to catch feelings, and I most definitely never agreed to talk about those feelings.

So this entire situation was really scaring the shit out of me.

I leaned on the bathroom counter, feeling my heart rate pick up at the thought of Megan knocking on my door. This is what I had wanted right? I had wanted her to chase me, and I had wanted her to go crazy over the entire situation last Friday.

And she had, and now she was probably on her way to talk to me and I was nearly shitting myself.

I didn’t know what she was going to ask of me, and I didn’t know exactly what to ask her. I wanted her to admit the truth to me, but I knew that would involve me possibly doing the same, and admitting it out-loud would make it real. Not only to me, but also to Megan, because then she would know how I truly felt about her.

But how did I feel about Megan?

I cared about her, yes, and I that was obvious because not only did I always want to rip her clothes off, but I got extremely jealous whenever I thought of someone else wanting to rip her clothes off.

So did that mean I liked her…? Like… liked her, liked her?

And if that did mean I like-liked her… what was the end result for us?

I ran my hand through my hair, looking at myself in the mirror and studying my features. I looked different, and not in the physical appearance different, but I just looked… different.

I mumbled to myself while rolling my eyes, “Yea, probably because Megan’s managing to drive you into a straight-jacket.”

Then without warning I heard a slight knock on my door and I felt my heart threaten to explode out of my chest. I felt my breath shorten as I dried my palms on my jeans that were hugging my legs.

I exhaled, “Be a big girl, Sam. This is what you wanted.”