Chp. 39

I awoke to the familiar smell of coffee and the sunlight shining through my window. It felt weird waking up without a headache after a long night out but when I saw my jeans lying there I remembered the five-hundred dollars I had made last night.

And it was actually a much better feeling than a headache.

Then I immediately remembered all of the things that had occurred last night, but most of my memory consisted of Megan and I.

And how she had tried… messing around with me.

She had been so drunk I wouldn’t be surprised if last night didn’t exist to her. One part of me hoped she didn’t remember but the other part hoped she did, and I wasn’t sure why I was so torn. Sure, I had had fantasies about Megan a long time ago, but now thinking about actually living them out…

Well it seemed a bit scary… and wrong.

Besides, she had obviously been super wasted and not in control of what she was doing, even though she claimed otherwise. In other words, I wasn’t sure why I had stopped her, because half the girls I had sex with felt wrong but I still did it anyway.

Maybe it was just because it was Megan.

I decided not to think any more on it as I walked out of my room and to the kitchen, preparing myself mentally to face Megan. I expected her to be sitting at the counter like she was every morning, except Shawn would be here today.

But when I walked out Megan was nowhere to be found.

Shawn smiled, “You’re up earlier than usual.”

I felt a familiar sadness knowing Megan had probably hit the road already, leaving me behind without another word. After last night I should want to avoid her at all costs to evade the weirdness but… I really wanted to see her for some reason.

I answered, “Yea, I smelt the coffee.”

He smiled, “How was last night?”

Once again my thoughts lingered on Megan, but I obviously decided it would be best to leave that out. I nodded, “Awesome, made five-hundred.”

He nodded, “Damn, sounds like a really good night.”

I nodded in response, making my way to the coffee pot and hoping he would randomly being Megan up. I was curious as she where she was but, I just wanted to subconsciously hear that she wasn’t here.

I questioned, “So what are the plans for today?”

He studied me, probably thinking how out of left-field that was considering I usually didn’t do the whole “let’s hang out with the fam” on holidays. He shrugged, “Well, there’s the annual Thanksgiving lunch at Aunt Lisa’s but… I figured you didn’t want to….”

I thought about Megan and our long talk we had the other night and figured maybe I should take her advice on going. Even though her advice on dating Emma had obviously been a misfire, maybe this one would turn out fairly well.