murder captital of the world

Lydia let out a soft sigh as she stretched her feet out on the dash board. The cold air, spiralled her long curly brown hair out of control. She twirled a strand in her hair and gently hummed a song to herself. 

Lydia turned her head to look at her mother who was gently smiling to herself. Lydia pondered why her mother still smiled even though her parents went through a messy divorce. 

Lucy turned her head and smiled at her only daughter, her beautiful ocean like blue eyes glistened with excitement. Lydia looked nothing like her mother. Lucy had short, blond hair, whilst Lydia had long, curly brown hair. Both herself and Michael Inherited there fathers dark, brooding looks. The only difference was Michael had Lucy's blue eyes and Lydia had her dad's forest green eyes.

She scrunched her nose up in disgust at a horrible odour. She turned her head to look at her younger brother's dog Nanook panting. She shifted her face to gently lick Lydia.

She smiled softly and gently patted the dog. She looked up at her brother Michael and gave him a small smile. "Did we really have to leave home mom?" Sam whined from the back. Lydia rolled her eyes at her brothers question and looked down at her long nails.

He had finally got his nose out of his comic book. Lucy sighed softly and answered. "Yes sam, I think this move will be good for us".

Lydia snorted and rolled her eyes. She looked out of the window and crossed her arms. She was fully aware her mother was looking at her. "Plus the school here is lovely". She said.

Lydia looked at mother to see her smiling. "Im not going to school mum, I'm going to look for work". Michael muttered from the back. Lucy frowned but decided it was best to stay quiet.

Lydia frowned to herself, if Michael wasn't going school, she defitnley wasn't going. Lydia sat up as she saw the sign for Santa Carla. She couldnt believe they where actually here. When they passed it she turned her head to have a look at what they where leaving behind.

She could see that her brothers has followed suite. She frowned at the red large writing on the back of the sign."What the hell mum, you've dragged us to the murder capital of the world?" Lydia asked. All the siblings looked at there mother. She smiled shyly and answered soflty. "It's probably just a prank". 

She turned her attention to the radio and started to gently shift stations. "Leave this song on i like it". Lydia muttered. She crouched back in her seat, lifting her legs once again up on the dash board.

"People are strange, when your a stranger"

"Faces look ugly, when your alone".

"Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down"

Lydia smiled at her brother's as they finally joined in.

"When you're strange
Faces come out of the rain
When you're strange
No one remembers your name
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange"

She let out a soft sigh and blew the strand of hair that was in her face. She adored The Doors, they where one of her many favourite bands. She let out a soft sigh as the car came to a stop. "Who's hungry"? Lucy asked, a smile plastered on her face. At once all there stomachs rumbled. She let out a small laugh and got out of the car. 

Lydia stepped out of the car and streched. She looked around and frowned when she saw two young children standing beside a bin. Her heart broke for them as she watched them scavenge for food. She walked over to Michael who was pulling his bike carefully out of the back. "You going to follow mom then?" She asked.

He nodded his head and watched as there mom walked out, Sam following suit. He was already stuffing his face. "Go over to those children Sammy and tell them to get some food". Lucy said, handing Sam two notes. Lydia smiled softly, it was in her mothers natures to help those in need. "I'll see you at home biker boy". Lydia said smiling.

Michael smirked and threw his burger wrapper into the bin. Lydia climbed back into the car and gently snuggled up in her seat.