Mr. Nicasius

Name:
Mateo Nicasius

Role: 
Pieces of the Puzzle 

Age:
27

Height:
6 ft

Faceclaim:
Justin Baldoni

Faceclaim:Justin Baldoni

Personality:Mateo is laid back and down to earth

Personality:
Mateo is laid back and down to earth. He always has a friendly smile and wears his heart on his sleeves. Although being in the teaching profession he is often criticized for treating his students more as friends than pupils. Mateo is loud and quirky, he opens most of his classes with some sort of joke. He's the type that's always telling his students to express themselves. And he will always lead by example. Mateo is also the sort of man to be on a first name base with his students, he hates being called Mr Nicasius and insists everyone call him Mateo. 

Mateo is a charmer, a flirt and has been accused by many to be a playboy. He has had many girlfriends but none of them have stuck around for very long. Although he is getting older and every year his abuela pressures him to find a good wife. 
His flirtatious side has gotten him into a little trouble with his job in the past although he's trying hard not to repeat the same mistake. Mateo is often cheerful and full of joy but he does have his down moments and in those moments he goes pretty dark. He has a history of depression and drinking which when mixed together bring out a dark, broody and angry side of him. When this happens he is prone to outbursts and has been known to punch holes through walls. But this side of him hardly comes out anymore. 

. Background:
Mateo's family immigrated from Mexico before he was born. His grandmother and grandfather come to America and started a new life and family. Unlike most Latino families Mateo's was rather small. His mother was an only child and so was he. They weren't rich but Mateo was always encouraged to follow his dreams which at first was acting. He went to acting classes and even did some broadway before discovering that teaching was more his thing. 

Mateo's first teaching job didn't end as well as he hoped. He was known for being a flirt outside or work but his charming attitude came off wrong in the workplace. One of his students confessed they had a crush on him and he tried to resolve it as professionally as possible but the girl just wouldn't let up. 

The situation got so bad that Mateo almost lost his job and the ability to teach when a rumour started spreading that he was having relations with the student. 
It all ended up getting cleared up but Mateo was told he should probably look for a job in another school which is how he ended up at the school he teachers at now. 
This entire thing led Mateo into depression which only escalated when his abuela starting showing signs of dementia. He started drinking and even almost lost his current job because of it. 

That was until his mother suggested that abuela moved in with Mateo, if he had to take care of her then he wouldn't stop taking care of himself. And it worked. Having her around gave him a new sense of purpose and soon his normal self had come back. 

Likes:
*Puzzles
*Helping people out
*Drinking 
*Parties
*Teaching
*Women

Dislikes:
*Misunderstandings 
*The thought of losing his Abuela 
*The thought of losing his job 
*Falling back into depression

Dislikes:*Misunderstandings *The thought of losing his Abuela *The thought of losing his job *Falling back into depression