Chapter 30 ~ The Date

**Harry's POV**

Everything went pretty well after that. I brought Louis to the school nurse so she could clean his cuts and put bandages over them. Louis wasn't very willing to have someone taking care of him, though. He crossed his arms over his chest and desperately tried to decline all help he was offered. However, I tried my best to talk some sense into him, and eventually, he gave in and let the nurse take care of him.

I almost let out a sigh of relief. Louis could be really stubborn when there was something he absolutely didn't want to do, and it could take ages for a person to convince him before he gave in. I was just lucky this time, and I knew it.

After that day, Mike didn't so much as look at me when we walked by each other in the hallway. I usually walked with Louis, so I guess that was one of the reasons, but I had a feeling it was something else as well. It was like he didn't want to bother me anymore and just acted as if I wasn't there because of that.

To be honest, I didn't know how to feel about it. Mike and I had gotten quite close during those two days we had spent together, but I wasn't dumb. He had tried to ask me out when he knew there was something going on between me and Louis. He had also beaten Louis up right in front of me. So, I couldn't say I was exactly devastated that he didn't spare a glance at me anymore. What he had done to Louis was unforgivable, and I would probably never forgive him for that.

Today, it was finally Friday, the day Louis and I had planned to have our date. I couldn't be happier, or more nervous either for that matter. I had no idea what Louis had planned for us. All I knew was that he was picking me up at six in the afternoon. And when I said 'picking me up' I meant at Niall's.

His place was practically my home now that I didn't speak to my mum anymore. I still hadn't talked to her since the start of the week when she had slapped me. She hadn't tried to get in touch with me since then, and I surely hadn't tried to get in touch with her either, so I guess that left us to where we were today. And actually, I didn't mind it all too much. After everything that had happened, I didn't even want to be near her, that judgemental idiot.

It was currently four in the afternoon, and Niall and I had just gotten home from school. Maura had made us a light meal that we gratefully ate... Or, I did while Niall literally shoved the food down his throat carelessly.

I rolled my eyes at that, trying not to laugh. That man and his food, I swear.

However, when our plates were empty, we headed upstairs to his room to just chill for the remaining two hours until my date.

Date, that word made the corner of my lips twitch. I had a date with Louis Tomlinson, the guy once known as my personal bully, the guy I never thought I would even be able to stand up to, and also the guy I had least expected to go out with if I ever were to date one. And guess what? I loved it. I loved it so much that I couldn't even believe I was going on a date with him.

"So, what are you going to wear?" Niall asked where he was lying on his bed, fingers intertwined on his chest.

I was sitting on the edge of the bed, looking down at him. "I have no idea," I sighed.

Yesterday, Niall and I had gone over to my place before my shift at the bakery to grab some of my clothes. Since I knew mum or Robin wouldn't be home, I didn't have to worry about them being there, thankfully.

Though, I still had a problem. None of my clothes were casual clothing. The only things I owned were black skinny jeans and different types of black and white t-shirts. I couldn't go on a date with Louis in something as casual as that.