Chapter 16 ~ Project Partners

**Louis' POV**

I walked out of the bathroom as soon as I had taken care of my problem and headed to my locker as fast as possible to grab my Math books before going to class. I opened the classroom door and stepped into the room.

"Oh, there you are Louis, you can take the seat beside Mr. Styles," Mr. Rogers said before I had even gotten a chance to choose a seat myself.

I swallowed hard and nodded my head, searching the room for the boy with the curls. He was sitting in the back of the classroom, concentrating on his work while biting his bottom lip. To say it wasn't a turn on would be a lie. Damn him! Why did he have to be so irresistible?

I walked over to Harry, making as little noise as possible, and sat down in the seat next to him. He didn't even glance at me as I did so, which hurt. Sure, I told him I didn't want to be friends, but only because I wanted to be more. Why didn't he give me time to explain myself?

I opened my own books to start working, but I couldn't. The thought of Harry hating me because I had practically told him I didn't want to be friends with him made it impossible to focus on anything else, especially school. So, instead, I found myself tearing off a piece of paper from my notebook and scribbling down a message on it.

Harry please, I do want to be your friend, I promise! The question just... shocked me? I don't know, it was only this morning we hated each other, and now you want to be my friend? I'm sorry I reacted the way I did to your question, but I'm willing to give it a try. I don't want to rush anything, though, and I'm sure you don't want to either, so please forgive me?

Louis :)

I passed him the note, hoping he would read it, but he didn't even glance at it. I tried to get his attention by clearing my throat, but that only caused every pair of eyes in the classroom - but Harry's - to look at me. I let out a frustrated sigh and patted him on the thigh. He flinched at the touch, but I could see that he was looking at me through the corners of his eyes now.

"What do you want?" He muttered, looking down at the note that was on the table in front of him.

"Read it," I pleaded, nodding towards the paper although he couldn't see me.

He turned to look at me for a long time before he finally decided to pick up the sheet of paper and read it over. When he was finished, he looked up at me and nodded his head slowly, a small smile forming on his lips.

A warm, fuzzy feeling ran through my body, and I returned the smile. I couldn't believe he forgave me so easily.

-----

Throughout the rest of the lesson, I managed to work although I wasn't convinced that Harry had completely forgiven me after all. He didn't talk to me, and he was sitting on the edge of his seat with his body turned away from me the whole time.

When the bell rang, I gathered my books and left the classroom with a sigh. I started walking towards my locker, thinking about what we were currently working on in Science when I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Harry smiling slightly at me.

"I'm sorry I avoided you during the lesson. I promise I didn't mean to be rude. However, I wanted to tell you that I forgive you, even though I kind of realize that you didn't do anything wrong. I shouldn't have asked you to be my friend so quickly. I mean, just like you said, we couldn't stand each other this morning, so it would've been weird for us to become friends just like that. I guess I just don't want us to have anything against each other anymore," he explained, shrugging.