Chapter 20 ~ Betrayal Or Love?

**Harry's POV**

I didn't hear from Louis again that weekend. It didn't come as a surprise to me, though, considering what happened just before he left on Saturday morning.

When Monday rolled around and I was driving to school in the morning, I was still shocked by the kiss. It still hadn't registered in my brain that it had actually happened. However, I was nervous too because I was afraid of what was going to happen when Louis caught sight of me. Was he going to act as if the kiss never took place, or was he maybe not even going to talk to me? I didn't dare guess the answer, so instead, I forced myself to think about something else.

However, one thing I knew was that I really needed to talk to Louis.

Parking my car in an empty parking space outside school, I turned off the engine and climbed out. The first thing that caught my eye was Niall's car that was parked a few spaces away from mine. I decided to walk over there when I noticed him sitting in the driver's seat.

I knocked on the car window, startling him. He immediately rolled down the window with wide eyes. "What the hell man. Are you trying to scare the life out of me?"

I chuckled, shaking my head slightly. "Nah, I was just trying to get you to notice me," I winked, earning a glare from him.

"So, where's Liam? Thought he was riding with you nowadays?"

"He usually does yes, but he's going to the nurse later on to check on his kidney, so drove his own car today," Niall explained, giving me a small smile. Apparently, he had already forgotten about me scaring him, which was nothing but a good thing for me.

"Kidney? I thought he had two working kidneys now?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows together.

"He does. It's just a check-up to see if everything is working as it's supposed to."

My mouth formed the shape of an 'o' in understanding.

"So, what have you been up to this weekend? Haven't heard from you since Friday," he asked me as we started walking towards the entrance.

"Um, Louis came around on Friday," I replied, biting my bottom lip hesitantly because I didn't really want to get into this.

"Right, how was it? Please tell me he didn't hit you. I swear to God, I'm going to--"

"No, Niall. He didn't hit me. He uh... he kind of did the opposite actually," I grimaced, cutting him off.

He furrowed his eyebrows together, looking deep in thought. "The opposite? What do you mean?"

I took a deep breath, preparing myself to tell the truth. Before I could do so, though, the bell rang, and we suddenly had to hurry to get to first class. I jogged to my locker, practically throwing my jacket into it before running off towards English class. Niall met me halfway there, the question I had been about to answer just a minute ago long forgotten... or, Niall had forgotten about it at least.

We sat down at a desk at the back of the classroom, and it just had to be the desk beside Louis and Zayn's. Glancing over at Louis, I noticed he had his head buried in his arms on the surface of the table. I frowned, wondering why he wasn't showing his face.

Deciding not to think more about it, I let out a sigh and slumped back in my chair. I then turned my attention to Mr. Olsen who had started talking.

When the bell rang, signaling the end of first class, Louis got up with lightning speed and sprinted out of the classroom, his books in his hands. I made a move to follow him but stopped myself when I realized that he was gone. "Hey, man. What really happened on Friday?" Niall asked, placing a hand on my shoulder from behind.